Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

IMLou Race Rehearsal 2, how did it go?

How did those race rehearsals go?

Mine was more of a franken-hearsal.  I swam race distance yesterday in the pool.  I pushed it a bit harder than I will in the race and hit a 1:11 which is a PR for me.  Today, it started raining at about 4 hours and it starting raining hard at around 5.  I called it at 5:13 with 98 miles.  Figuring the day was over, I called the wife and told her to get some pizza.  When I got home (~25 minutes later), there wasn't a cloud in the sky so I told her I was going out for the run.  She gave me "the look" and said that she didn't order pizza to have me eat it cold.  Taking the hint, I did short laps back and forth in the neighborhood until I saw the pizza guy pull up to the house.  2 miles in 17 minutes with walk breaks.  Legs felt good so I'm going to call it a win.  

Time to wrap myself in bubble wrap, cut the caloric intake, and main lining the vitamin c (we've got a 4 year old with strep) and hold serve for two weeks.

How did your's go?

Comments

• Options

@ Roy:  Better a franken-hearsal than a franken-race!

RR #2 went well.  No flats, but I swear my rear tube has a wrinkle in it, because with every rotation, I thought I was riding over a bump ... Between that and the never-ending soundtrack of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" and Handel's "Messiah" in my head, it made for a long 6 hours  Hit a bit of rain, but nothing too bad.  It was humid though.  In fact, it was pretty humid yesterday, and I thnk I was a bit dehydrated to start the day and never quite got ahead in my hydration.  Nevertheless, i rode hard and ran well - it helped that it was only 75 vs 91 degrees a few weeks ago... Here's hoping to cool temps in Louisville... Like Roy said now it's time to rest body and mind, not do anything stooping and in a few days, start thinking about race logistics! 2 weeks + 1 day 

• Options
    Mine was good for the first two hours. Then I almost ended up on the hood of a car that turned in front of me. They failed to signal and I guessed the wrong way they were turning. Hard to know when they were driving down the middle of the road. I returned for to the house a bit shaken and sat on the trainer for the next 4 hours. It wasn't pleasant but I got the bike done. The run felt great but could tell I cut myself short a little bit on calories...I was down to only 6 GUs when I anticipate needing 9 on the bike.

Nothing stupid over the next two weeks!
  • Options

I'm Baaack!!!  Things have gone well on the family front. Thanks for the kind words from everyone. After two plus weeks of 24x7 togetherness wife indicated it was time for me to find something to do, narcotics are wearing off.  Hmmmmmm what to do?  I know! Been doing some stealth training at night over past month and have noticed with the rest have felt really good. Then again it could be the 82 and no sun thing.  Anyway, I knew it was a sign when checking into Houston condo. I asked the manager if there was a pool.  He gave me a disappointed look and said yes but no one uses it because its just a three lane lap pool.  Score!!!! With my new lease on tri life I set out for a race rehearsal last night with no idea what to expect.  60' swim, 5 hr computrainer @ 68% FTP and 60' run @ first 6 mile pace.  Felt good. Nutrition was on. Legs were great this A.M.  So with that I am back in.  Going to approach with no expectations and have a great time. Wave and smile and test the Endurance Nation Gospel. Patience, Discipline and EXECUTION....

• Options
    WOOHOO!! Welcome back, Danny image
  • Options
    Hey guys - my RR 2 went ok. Started off with 3500m Triathlon swim class. I'm in the slow lane and just get a real dose of reality when look over a few lanes and watch multiple Ironman winners training.....

Did 102 miles riding the Boulder IM course in 5:23. Felt pretty good but didn't drink as much as know will need to at Lou. Didn't run as ankle still sore, but coming around. Should be ready to go come race day. Will be fun.
  • Options
    Nice work everyone and welcome back Danny.

Caught a bug from my son this week and have been out of action the last two days. I'm sure the extra rest will actually be better for me than the wko's would have been. Make smart decisions this weekend and hope to see everyone in the Ville next week.