Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Tri Tats?

So the bib numbers were posted today, and it got me thinking about race numbers and how recently I saw some people after the AG nationals in milwaukee and their nice race numbers on their arms. ย ....or is this just totally FRED?

http://www.tritats.com/

Comments

• Options
    Don't think it is FRED at all. I got some for xmas/bday a while back and am probably going to use them this year.
  • Options
    Look 'pro' to me...
  • Options
    REV3 uses these for their events and I have always preferred them to the Sharpie treatment. Given the cost to register, you'd think they would be standard issue at IM events...
  • Options
    They are a bugger to get off though. HIT series uses them.
  • Options
    Was just given the tats at IMMT, but didn't even try them given I was completely unsuccessful with them at my sprint just 2+ weeks ago. They still have manual body markers/volunteers at the race start area. Sharpie/permanent ink marker comes off with just rubbing alcohol or stridex/acne pad.
  • Options
    First of all my biceps are not big enough for that, it would just make me look (even more) ridiculous.

second, since it appears there is a clear membrane that the numbers are on that covers a much larger surface area of the skin than just the numbers, should you be conserned with the amount of extra body heat this could hold in? or is that just taking it to far?

They do look professional, but I wonder what the wind rating on the adhesive process is. When I saw that JW hit about 50 mph on the way down the hill to Keene at IMLP, that thing would have to be really stong to hold on.