Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Ironman Wisconsin
Options

Bike Course Recon

Offering ... if anyone is planning on doing a bike course recon on Friday afternoon, I'd be happy to drive you around and drop you off/pick you up at the appropriate spots to ride.ย  I've got a 2 bike rack on my car.ย  As a local, I've ridden the course plenty and don't plan on biking myself.

Comments

• Options
    Is that when the coach recommends it Sue. I have to review the webinar. If so,that might work for us.
  • Options
    Brenda - not sure of the schedule but that's when I could do it. Just let me know.
  • Options
    I will talk to my team mates and get back to you Sue. Thanks for the offer.
  • Options
    FYI coaches recommend it on Thursday-but I know Ill be doing my final spin Friday because I wont be getting into Madison until the team dinner time. Cant wait to see you all!
  • Options
    Brenda - I highly recommend you take Sue up on her offer.ย  This is a bike course you need to see before the race.
  • Options
    Hi Sue,

If Brenda doesn't take you up on the offer, I certainly will. I just found out that due to scheduling/life issues, I will be without any support crew for this race and had just come to the forums to start a thread asking if anyone might be able to help me with recon. I'd be happy to do it whenever it works for you.

Kevin
  • Options
    Kevin, you are in. Me the other Ottawa crew will be doing it on Thursday. Rest assure Bruce, it was always our intention of driving and riding some of the course as recommended by the coaches. I always drive the course of a race, regardless of distance. I want to know what I am up against.
  • Options
    Thank you, Brenda!

I should be getting to Madison late Thursday, Sue. I'm driving from Detroit. All of my info is in the EN IMWI spreadsheet, but I will put my contact info here for you.

E-mail: kzielke26@gmail.com
    Cell: 313-402-5638

I look forward to meeting you and I can't thank you enough for coming to my rescue!

Kevin
  • Options
    Hi Kevin - happy to do it! After 4 Keys talk? I've got room for one more as well! My cell is 608-513-9243. sue
  • Options
    Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for your willingness to help out a stranded lost soul, but it looks like my wife is going to be able to go with me. So, I will have someone to drive/transport bike for course recon. I'm currently planning on doing the recon after lunch on Friday. I want to make sure that I eat after the 4 Keys. I hope I get a chance to meet you while I'm in Madison! If not, I hope you have a great race.