Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

IMWI Aid Stations - Bike & Run

Hi all. I was looking over the IMWI bike and run courses to figure out my aid station strategy and wanted to check with the group to see if this looks accurate.  

First the bike course ... looks like there are 5 actual aid stations (4 on loop and 1 on stick).  Does anyone know if the one on the stick is bi-directional, meaning we can hit it at mile 13 and 97, or is it just setup for the return home?  The way they are spaced looks to be:

Miles 19 & 60

Miles 29 & 70

Miles 39 & 80

Miles 53 & 94

and Mile 97.

I plan to only hit 19/60 and 39/80 an 97 is this avoids the dangerous aid station on Main Street in Verona and gives close to an hour spacing for re-fueling.

For the run, first question is around the run/walk strategy.  Is the 30-step walk scheduled for every mile marker or every aid station (since they do not coincide).  From looking at teh run map, it shows 8 aid stations.  I assume you can hit each aid station going out and back (bi-directional) -- is that correct?  THat means on each loop you will have like 15 aid station opportunities.  Same for second loop.  The reason I'm trying to get this straight in my head is to plan out where i'll be doing the 30-step walk and re-fuel.  

WOuld love some thoughts/confirmations/corrections from the crew on this topic.

Thanks,

Chad