Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

But what about trick or treating????

It has been made clear to me by my 7yr old that while this whole ironman thing is cool and all there will be trouble if she misses trick or treating.

Anyone had any experience in this arena?

Comments

• Options
    No kids here so no experience ... But like you said the message is loud and clear!
  • Options
    I'll be having the same issue and I've got 3 little ones. Thanks to the costume companies for sending their catalogs in July, Halloween has as long a build cycle for them as Ironman does for us. I've heard that there is a neighborhood that most IMFL people with kids go to and there is also a local mall that kids trick or treat in. I will try to find the details and will keep you posted.
  • Options
    Thanks greg. Please do. I am gonna try and rent a mini van so if you want to bring your fam along we can all go together.
  • Options
    My family is staying behind partially because of Halloween and partially because we don't like having my boy miss any school.
  • Options
    Jimmy - it sounds like Pier Park Mall is the place to be in PCB for Halloween. Sounds strange to me to have Halloween in a mall, but scroll through this video...you can see it is PACKED with kids in costumes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwIYebHpV20

Plus it is close by and means less walking for us!!!
  • Options
    Greg- looks good thx
  • Options
    About 10 years ago on Halloween, we went camping instead of trick o treating. I was feeling guilty so I came up with a plan. While I helped the kids put on their Halloween costumes ( the 7 year old was a pumpkin and the 9 year old was a pirate) my husband went around the campground and passed out candy for the campers to give back to my kids. The funny thing was when my kids got to each campsite, not only did they get the pre arranged candy, but they walked away with fruit and marshmallows and granola bars! It was not only fun for them but my husband and I got to witness the true generosity of humanity. I am sure this would work in any hotel or condo in Panama City. Happy Halloween!
  • Options
    Thanks Greg! I wondering the same thing for my 2 little ones. I'll guess there will be a Team EN trick or treat retreat! lol
  • Options
    good options.       wife gave some other ideas.     Schools often do.     And churches.      Check for LDS churches specifically and "Trunk or Treat" activity.     
  • Options
    Thanks so much for this post. I'll be bringing three daughters, one of them 8 and she wasn't too excited about missing trick or treating. If there ends up being any kind of EN group hitting the mall or somewhere else I'd be up for joining in.
  • Options
    I found Gulf Beach Baptist Chruch and they are having a "trunk or treat" type event on the the 31st from 6pm-9pm. They are also having an Ironman Pancake Breakfast on Friday! lol
  • Options
    Next year will be even harder with IMFL being on Nov 1st.
  • Options
    I think a couple of us are going to head over to the AF base.
  • Options
    Steve - my oldest girl will be turning 8 nov 14. We should try and get them together. I will make sure word gets out on trick or treat plans.
  • Options
    @Jimmy-Keep me updated also. I have a 7yr old little boy that would enjoy the company of others in the group also.
  • Options
    @ Jimmy and Jamie- sounds like it would be fun to get the kids together, I'm totally up for it. Was planning on going to the team dinner, especially since it shouldn't interfere with trick-or-treating, as long as we didn't hang out too long afterwards. If not going to the dinner, can come up with alternate plan to hook-up, I'm open either way, just let me know.