Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

Week 16

Looking through the week (Intermediate plan) and see another swim RR on Friday - is that right?

Comments

• Options
    @jeff. i'm not seeing a RR on my intermediate 16 week plan. i have a 90 min swim and a run, but no RR in mine.
  • Options
    WU: 200.

MS: 3800m or 4200yds, as 400 hard, to simulate a race start, then settle into race pace effort for remainder.

WD: 200 Easy. Total: ~4400. Record total time and pace per 100m/y.

That looks like a RR to me
  • Options
    well, there you go...you are correct.  I guess I don't associate a "race rehearsal" with just a swim.  maybe that's why my swim stinks.  my bad!
  • Options
    might be mistake because if you move forward a couple of weeks to our next full race rehearsal, it is just a regular swim set. I will ask in micro forum
  • Options
    2000M in the pool today. Yeah. The tegaderm didnt stay on. At least the piece on my elbow didnt. Some drills, some paddle/pull with fast 100's in between. Feel pretty cooked. Forarm stings pretty good right now.
  • Options

Did Friday's race rehearsal today because of work.  Longest swim that I have ever done.  The swim is going to be a mind game as long swims are BORING.

Race rehearsal write up is posted in the forums.  Any comments are appreciated.

• Options
    3x1mi(4) Z4 right in the middle of a 1:45 run. Hit the intervals but lost about 6min of the filler time. 2 to a nature break and 4 to helping a couple of girls who had driven off the road and into a ditch.
    Gonna try and get some pool time in at lunch.
  • Options
    had a nice training weekend...tempo run sat a.m....2.1 mi ows sat p.m.....75 mi ride @ .79 sun a.m....2900 yd swim yesterday.....3x1 later today....temps are looking good all week i might get another ows this coming wkend.....looking ahead to thur long run....2x(25 + 40)...yikes...those 40' will be a mental challenge....i'm really trying hard to focus on those long z2 intervals....@ LP i lost mental focus during the run...not @ FL though

@ JA that's some nice work to insert z4 into a long run....not to worry about the lost 6 min
  • Options
    Im with you jeff. I would rather do 3x1mi z4 than 80min of z2! Gonna hurt!
  • Options
    Work interrupted plans yesterday - run at lunch ended up at 8:30pm last night and no swim. Oh well - least concerned about the swim and only did 2x1mi but a tad faster than T pace and felt "comfy".

FTP work on the trainer - ugh - about 80 in our basement and muggy outside. Sufferfest about to happen...

Weather for the LR isn't looking much better tomorrow. Will do like last week - probably dial MP paces back 20" and work hard to hold those.
  • Options
    got my 3x1 yesterday @ local HS track...been awhile since i've been doing laps....15 mi ride to work this a.m. for some extra credit...can't believe how warm/humid it is....will do my bike z4 stuff on the way home
  • Options
    got in 6x400M in the pool yesterday after work.
    This morning gave my best shot at the 8 12 20 bike. I was on a triner and the watts were light. Long run tomorrow morning.

Got word back from coach P that we do indeed have a full RR swim this friday and a third one in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Jimmy - thanks for the follow-up on the swim. That was SO mind numbing I am not sure I can do it again this Friday...

I am probably doing it as an OWS as I need more time in the wetsuit. Will have to come in late as it isn't light here until almost 7am and the lake is 45 min away...
  • Options
    a last minute schedule change rerouted me from a planned 90 min ride to 58 min hammerfest....ended up 58 min @ .998....that included 5 min w/u & c/d....legs were feeling wobbly for awhile....onward we go to our long run later today....weather looking like 70 w/scattered with t/showers

I'll try to hit ows for the RR this wkend....the pool is so BORING it becomes a mental game more than physical
  • Options
    2:30 run will end up being my first split run...

1:30+ this morning on indoor track as there was threats of T-storms. Got in the w/up, 25' @ EZ (a tad quick) and 41' @ MP. Took 5' recovery then started next 25' EZ and right hip started feeling off (320 right turns will do that) so decided the last hour will be tonight - 20' EZ then 40' at MP.
  • Options
    2:24 run this morining. Had a hard stop at 8am to get some work done and just didnt quite get out the door fast enough. 15.21mi done.

This workout was really tough. I was a few sec / mi fast on the first MP split and 14sec per mi slow on the second. It didnt help that I ran it as 45min sections of MP instead of 40 but that isnt why I didnt it the paces during the 2nd set. It was just too hard for me today. 80 degrees before sunup. Some days are just like that.

Tomorrow is a massive day for me in terms of work. I will either have a great year o ra mediocre year based on how tomorrow plays out. Hoping I will be able to get my swim in.
  • Options
    @jimmy...your run sounds just like mine.  first set was fast, second one was dragging.  i'm tired.  so very tired.
  • Options
    greg - yea. except for the part about you runnign faster. cut that out.
  • Options
    @Jimmy and Greg - Make that 3 of us with same results on the this morning. First set was good but second set was much slower. Once the sun got up, the cool was gone and suck set in. I manged to get the entire 2:30 in for a distance of 15.37 miles. High temps suppose to drop after Sunday here in SC so that will help a bit.

Lets just hope that scenario that's playing out along the gulf coast over the next few days does NOT correspond with our week there!
  • Options
    my LR went pretty well....30' z1 + 40' z2 + 20' z1 + 40' z2 +10' c/d = 2:20 .....my ass was dragging when done....i'm thinking fri = off and hit my swim RR over the wkend when i can get to the ows

@ JU I hear ya on the # of turns when on the track....sometimes i reverse direction every other mile to avoid sore knees/hips

hey guys we're all doing alot of work leading to the thur run...no reason to feel bad about not hitting your zones exactly....only a couple more weeks of hard work then it's TAPER time image
  • Options
    Appreciate the team mojo - going to go smack myself for this next hour and get it done
  • Options

2.5 hour run tonight was on dead legs.  Been a long week and still have the long swim tomorrow.

• Options
    If anyone is planning on using My Athlete Live for live tracking, you need to order by 11/10 as they will be closed for 10 days but they will still get orders out.

http://www.myathletelive.com/shop/
  • Options
    @ jimmy, Greg, and Jamie...make that FOUR of us for this mornings run. Second set was pretty tough. I thought it was just me, and the fact that I was in a torrential downpour and that my shoes were probably a couple pounds each image Also, I wanted to hit 18 miles (just for a mental victory) and figured it would only put me 2-3 minutes over, but it ended up making an already tough 150 min. Run into a 160 min. run....ouch!! I'm LIKING the mojo in this thread, especially in these final few weeks.... Looking forward to taper!!
  • Options
    Bib numbers are up. #2741
  • Options
    well, that swim was mind-numbing. never gone that far in a pool. And it looks like I cut it 100 yards short, too, as I only did 4300 yards, so now I have to go back and do it all over again tonight. just kidding.

Bib #2066 here. I don't know why getting a bib number is exciting, but it is!

• Options
    3800M in 1:15:56. About 80 sec faster than last week. But it sure felt like more work than that.
    39:50 for first 2k. This actually took out both of my times for my HIM RR swims last year. Gave time back between 2k and 3.4k then pushed a bit harder over the last 8 min.
    I dont think that I will work that hard in the water on race day.