Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Florida
Options

Wednesday PM Ride // Thursday AM Swim @ IMFL

Anyone planning on a swim around 7:00-7:30am??  

After the webinar, thinking of riding the loop on Wednesday afternoon around 2-3pm start (I should arrive just before noon).

As an IM n00b just throwing this out there in case anyone else is looking for company. 

Comments

• Options
    @Jeff... I get in late on weds.... thurs my plans are short easy 15min swim from my hotel (you can swim anywhere) whenever I wake up , pick up bike at TBT then short no more than 30 min spin to make sure its ok after I install disc cover and charge di2 battery ... 15 min run....thurs night EN dinner..... fri bike check and feet up....

If your there early enough, ride the loop easy but don't feel the need to get it done , there are no real surprises out there its just nicer than riding closer to town. From what I remember about the course a couple years ago the 1st out and back portion Bennet Rd I think was by far the worst part of the course. Was funny cause we had got there early and driven the entire course except that out and back and was surprised at how bad it was.... By all means do your swim at 7am to see the sun... Keep saying to yourself all week that less is more!
  • Options
    Pretty much the same as Tim. I get in at 5:30pm on Wednesday. I will swim on Thursday at some point but my #1 priority is to do athlete check-in as soon as possible on Thursday morning to avoid standing in line forever. I waited until the afternoon the last time at IMFL and I stood in line for 2 1/2 hours.

The out and back part of the course around the 1/2 way point is on some of the worst quality roads imaginable. It's about 10 miles total. Just avoid that part until race day.
  • Options
    I will be arriving Tuesday night and would be interested in a Wednesday ride. I don't want to go long.
  • Options
    I'm planning on arriving around noon on Wed. I'd be up for a ride Wed if I get in as planned. (Traveling with 2 kids so anything is possible)
  • Options
    Tim/Bob - You guys are Pros -- this is old hat for you too =). That said, appreciate your comments greatly the past months!

On the Wednesday ride - I am just going by what P mentioned on the webcast. It certainly isn't on our plan as such. I was planning on riding it easy with maybe a few 5' intervals at RP. Much more to spin the legs a tad, see some course, debug the bike etc.

Jamie/Bob - my mobile # is on the spreadsheet. My gameplan (subject to some change) is to start the loop ride by 3:00pm.
  • Options
    Ill be there wed late morning/afternoon. Ill be up for some light riding.
  • Options
    I get in Tuesday eve and plan to ride loop wednesday afternoon. Jeff- I will reach out we'd morning. With wife, mother in law and 2 kids scheduling may be tough.
  • Options
    i'm getting in Wed evening, so i'll miss the ride. but a Thursday morning swim at race time to get used to the position of the sun and the temps would be nice. wouldn't mind some shark bait for company.
  • Options
    So it seems the Thursday swim is looking to be the one time most of us can get together...

Taking Bob's comment into account my gameplan for Thursday is tentatively:

* 7:30am swim (perhaps avoid some of the folks intending to be there RIGHT at 7am)

* back to condo for quick change

* Hit registrtaion to get that over with

* BIG breakfast before 4-keys talk

* 4-keys might get sacrificed...

On WEDNESDAY I am less sure I will do the full ~33 mile loop.  I'll probably pull the pin at 1:15 ride time (or for me about 20-22 miles).

• Options
    Not getting in until mid-day on Thursday. I hope to get checked in quickly so I can get a swim in before the team dinner.
  • Options
    Hoping to swim for 20 minutes or so Thursday morning. The swim is a huge stress point for me so I am looking for a zen experience to calm the nerves.