Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2014 IM Mont Tremblant 70.3 Official Introductory Thread

Welcome to the IM Mont Tremblant 70.3 Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

Hi!

I'm Deb Livernois and I am super excited to race this season! I just got the clearance from my Orthopedic doc TODAY! She says she is skeptical about MT, but says to go ahead and give it a go! I started training with EN in 2013 and LOVE it! I was kicking butt in my 70.3 A Race and had a bad crash. As a result, I tore my rotator cuff and shredded my bicep tendon, which meant no racing in 2013, though I did do my first marathon!  I am slow and steady, but unless I crash, I finish the race. I visited MT last year during the IMMT and loved the course! My husband is going to do IMMT this year and so I am psyched to be visiting twice. My goals for the race are to survive the swim (right now I can swim 1000 yds....) but I hope to feel strong on the bike and execute well so that I have a strong run. This is my first OS with EN and I am loving it and feeling strong. My only other 70.3 took me 8:30 so I am thinking I can do much, much better!  I look forward to supporting everyone this season!

• Options
    Hi! Nice to know there will be EN peeps that will be doing both the 70.3 and the Ironman at Mont Tremblant - as is the plan for my hubby, Turby Wright, and myself. I am hoping the recent calf strain will be a thing of the past soon (just ran for the 1st time on Sat. in 5 weeks). Hopefully I'll get enough training in time for this race. I am super-excited to see this course. Everyone says it's beautiful, but challenging. I've done several HIMs and a couple of IMs (IMNY and Kona in 2012) and am ready for some nice weather so we can get outside and RIDE! Lovin' the OS but tired of the trainer:-) Oh - I'm Carol DeFazio if you haven't figured that out! Good luck to everyone training and really looking forward to the big EN crowd going to MT 70.3!!
  • Options
    Hi..I'm Jeff Sullivan...coming to the end of my 4th OS.....I'll be at both MT 70.3 & full......I was down in NJ last weekend for the Hell of Hunterdon ride...it felt great to be outside again...my training has been going well but the OS fatigue is catching up to me...I'm headed to Tour of Battenkill next weekend and then BRP cycling camp @ end of April....so I'll have plenty of early season cycling miles under my belt ....I've been to MT several times for skiing and its a wonderful venue....looking forward to seeing the area in summer conditions....see you guys in a couple months
  • Options

Hi,

I can't believe this race is less than 3 weeks away!   How many total EN'ers are we going to have for the half?  So far it looks like just 4 of us and I know that can't be true!   I'm really looking forward to hooking up with the gang for some mojo pre-race.  I definitely will be wearing my EN gear proud race day. 

My goal is to do this event in under 8 hours.  I need to do this event in under 8 hours!   

Please give a shout to the group if you are going to be there.

• Options
    I'll be there.....Quassy was kind of a warm up for this one.
  • Options
    Yeah Keith! Glad you'll be there.
  • Options
    If my passport ever arrives I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing old EN friends (Wick!) and new ones.
  • Options

Hi gang,

This will be my first 70.3 after an IMLP, IMFL, IMLP sandwich.

I'm stoked to be racing on a course that is so close to home, in a resort town that is very close to my heart. It should prove a great fitness test as we drop into the final two months of training for the big show at IMMT. I'm looking forward to the stunning views, the black tarmac, and the certain "je ne sais quoi" that comes with racing in La Belle Province.

Look forward to connecting with all of you at Tremblant!

Nicole.