Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Texas

2014 IM Texas Official Introductory Thread

2»

Comments

• You're welcome Chris. I'm glad you were able to secure the rooms you needed. Does anyone else need hotel lodging before I cancel it?
  • Clark Mitchell from Pittsburgh, PA. This will be my second 140.6, IMTX 13 was my first. I had so much fun last year that I had to come back and go again! This will be my first full as part of team EN.

I'm raising money for the IRONMAN Foundation, if you can spare even $10, please help out by donating here - http://www.crowdrise.com/2014ironmantexas/fundraiser/clarkmitchell
  • Linda,

Did you cancel your reservation at the Hampton yet?  If not, I may be interested.

Tom

• Is anyone in week 5 of the advanced ironman plan? I'm a little unsure about how to do this workout.

MS: 60' @ z1/LRP/Easy, 45' @ z2/MP/Steady.
    Coach Notes:
    Long run building to Zone 2 intervals; do the standard EN warm up and then do your best to run at the zones outlined. There is plenty of WORK in the rest of your training week!

Do I do the EN warm up and then do 60' at Z1, 45" Z2 which would make the total workout around 120'? Or do you incorporate the warm up into the 60' Z1 interval and therefore the total workout would be limited to 105' which is the time in the upper right corner?
  •  @ Tom, I just did this workout http://www.strava.com/activities/110015667

Include the WU in the first 60' stay at Z1 then, at the 1 hour mark, bump up to the Z2 pace and hold for 45'.....Total time should be 105'

Good luck! 

• @Tom, what Simmons said.  We don't get to 120 minutes until Week 13 or so, which will still give us plenty of time to ramp up from there.  I've gone too long, too early on the run training in a couple of IM run-ups, and I paid dearly both times (knee one time, Achilles the other).  Since I started doing what I'm told, no issues. 
  • Sorry...thought I had introduced myself earlier. I'm Annie Stokes, a stay at home home mom from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I have a great hubby who puts up with all this craziness, and two spunky kiddos...12 and 7. This will be my 2nd Ironman. 1st was IMWI 2012. I have done a few IM70.3s as well...all with EN. I love EN! It works for me, so when I saw Texas was a focus race for 2014 I just had to do it! My plan is to train while the kiddos are in school, race and then relax and "play" this summer doing what ever I want to. I have been dealing with some plantar issues since the start of NOS, but it is much better and I am up to 8 miles and about 25/wk. So I have basically hacked the run part of NOS and Get Faster to work for me. Im looking forward to the mojo of the group building over the next few months and a great time with others in Texas!!
  • Hi, I am planning to spectate at IM Texas. Won't get in until Friday evening. But plan to be out cheering on the course.