Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2014 Rev3Quassy Official Introductory Thread

Welcome to the Rev3Quassy Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Wooohoooo! I'm excited (and skeered!) for Quassy! I've done the Olympic for the past 4 years and finally am stepping up to the Half. I'll be happy to finish under 7:30, which would still be a HIM PR for me.
  • Options
    I'm in for this one too! This will be my 4th 70.3 distance, but my first time at Quassy. I'm mostly using this as a training race leading up to IMLP, but am looking forward to it as well - especially since it's an EN key race this year. I thought it was a good race fit me for a few reasons; I live in CT and can drive to the race from my home, the hills will be a good prep for IMLP, and the timing works out well in my training. I have to admit though....I'm a little imtimindsted by the reputation of this course!
  • Options

Hi Everyone!

This will be my second Rev3 race having done Rev3 Maine in August. It was my second 70.3 and I set a new PR, 5:44.26. I am using Quassy Half as my pre IMLP 'A' race. I cannot wait until June 1!

--Larry

• Options
    Hi everyone, This will be my 4th 70.3, and I'm doing Quassy because I am new to EN and want to do a key race. Looking forward to getting a PR even though this will be a much harder course than I've done before!
  • Options
    Okay, I am in, along with my hubby, who did it last year, and 5 other Ottawa Sleeper Cell peeps.
  • Options
    Woohooo@BR!!

Where are all the other Quassy peeps at??
  • Options

Hey gang glad to be along. Second time around and alot of HIM'S later a good choice.I enjoy hilly courses and great as it is an EN target race. For those using it as a prep for IMLP, the timing is good and tests to see where you are at with your training.It gives you time to correct or confirm your fitness. Keep up the chatter and don't be a lurker any topic is never to menial, cheers Steve !

• Options
    In...first tri in over a year and a half, so taking it as a C to see if I remember how to do this stuff. Just looking to race a lot to make up for last year.
  • Options
    @Keith glad to see you back in the game. Will be great to see you and your better half again. Quassy eh good start.image
  • Options

Hi All.

Looking forward to meeting you all in Quassy on 6/1.

This is my second 70.3, my first was last year at the Patriot Half with a finish time of 6:42. ( 0:55 swim / 3:10 bike / 2:27 run ).As of right now, I'm training for a 70.3 "A" race at the end of June/beginning of July (Syracuse IM 70.3 ), but considering a later (mid-July) 'A' race to allow for sufficient recovery.

Since this is a "B" race for me, my goals are:

1. Improve swim by better sighting ( straighter swim ) and pre-swim warm-up ( I crashed for the first 10 minutes of the Patriot because of water temp and it took a long time to settle )

2.  Improve run by better pacing on the bike.  I'd like to finish the run without any pace above 11:30.

Enjoy the rest of the OS and see you in Swim Camp, GF, and HIM!

Mike

• Options
    Third Quassy HIM coming up this year. Should not have a problem beating last year's time as did not train at all for it! (Life got in the way and I said, sure I can go out and do a HIM without training - yes I can but boy was it ugly, and hot too!)

Anyway this will be my 4th HIM having done Timberman too in the past. Given 3 little kids (under the age of 6) at home HIM is all I will have time for in the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to this race...good location and Rev3 does a good job.
  • Options

HELLLO fellow Quassy teammates!

I am in for the half rev. I am nervous/scared but more than anything excited! (especially since my amazing EN team will be there! !)  My goal is to finish, and finish with a smile   This is my first half so I have no time to compare it to.  Looking forward to this! I live about 1 hour away so my plan is to go preview the course a time or 2 to check out these hills people speak of.  

• Options
    Welcome Laura! I plan on riding the course as often as I can so maybe we can ride together, and with any other ENrs that are local-ish!
  • Options

Would LOVE that Kim!! Always nice to have people to ride with!! 

• Options

Hello Quassy EN team,

I'm in!  Quassy will be my second 70.3 and hopefully good prep work for IMLP.  I've heard it's a super tough course, but the Poconos was no joke (nothing flat) either.  Hoping to finish with a HIM PR and a whole lot of new EN friends! 

• Options
    Howdy folks. This is Quassy half #3 for me, and my 5th half overall. I'm looking forward to using this race to show that work works, and i'm making good progress before i got to IMMT. My previous HIM PR is on this course, 7:12:xx from 2012, and i'm looking to knock an hour off of that time. Will be great to meet a bunch of the EN peeps. Just a friendly reminder, if you havent already booked your room, do it NOW. you have to call and mention rev3, as they've got a block on the rooms at the Crowne Plaza
  • Options

Hi Gang!

This will be my second time up at Quassy.   As the Ottawa Sleeper Cell knows all to well, I had mechanical trouble on the bike last year (mixed with extremely hot weather) and completed the race in my slowest 70.3 time yet!  And that's saying something since I tend to be a BOP'er.  Lucky for me the OSC was waiting for me at the finish line.  What a great group Brenda, Steve, Brent and Trevor are! (Am I forgetting anyone?  I hope not.) 

This year my goal is to finish in under 7:30 hours.  I'll happily take 7:29:59, just as long as I am under.  If I can improve upon that, great!

Kim, I would love to join you on the course sometime too.   I live about 40 minutes away.

Looking forward to seeing many of you for the second time and meeting some new folks as well.

• Options
    Quassy OLY #2 for me.... 14 Days after IMTX but I fully intend on defending my title in the M50-54AG.... Hats off to all you 70.3 racers , that is one hard course!
  • Options
    call the crowne plaza directly. entire hotel is under the rev3 room block. tell them you're with rev3
  • Options

I started a new thread here in the Quassy Forum for the Team Lunch on race weekend.  Please visit the thread and RSVP.

See you at Quassy!

• Options

Hello Folks

Joining you as I have the UK based Outlaw HIM on 01-June before going onto the Cotswold 226 on 10-Aug.

• Options

Hey Quassy ENers,

I am looking for a volunteer to replace me as the Quassy Race Captain.  Due to a change in plans, my 4 kiddos will be tagging along all weekend with my husband.  In-laws were going to be there to help, but they are now going to be away the whole weekend and my husband has an unexpected knee surgery between now and then and will need help herding the kids, so my attention will be focused elsewhere.  I owe it to the team to ask for a replacement so you all get the proper Race Captain support you need for a Key Race.  

I have made the reservation for the team luncheon and am happy to pass on any details.  I will post this also in the Quassy Team Lunch Thread.  Volunteers, please contact Brenda Ross. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

• Options
    I guess it's time to commit and jump in publicly, too image

This will be my first race with the EN team (no shortage of support and Kodak courage from the OSC peeps!) and the challenge of a hilly 70.3. Looking forward to meeting everybody!
  • Options
    If you are racing Quassy please make sure to sign up on the rEV 3 Quassy EN Team Event Information. It is a wonderful time to meet your fellow EN team mates and spend some quality time with Coach P..I have taken over as race captain for Antoinette.
  • Options
    Where is everybody let's get that EN mojo going. How is that training going. Who is using this race as a training for IMLP ??
  • Options
    Simon- I don't know! I'm here! Everyone is too busy training I guess!
  • Options
    Hi All,

Just noticed today on the dashboard today the notice for the Quassy webinar with Coach P. on May 20th - link below to register.

https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/608382431
  • Options
    @ Kim it does seem that way doesn't it. @ Evan I did see that webinar, should be very beneficial.
  • Options

@Kim...yes, guess everyone's been busy training image  It's been like a ghostown on the Quassy forum for weeks.

Yesterday's swim felt really good.  I enjoy the speed work compared to the monotony of the long intervals...they just get boring.  I felt like I was improving, at least in endurance.  Then back to the pool today for swim before run...I was surrounded by super fast men, making me feel uber slow. I finished my swim and moved on to the run.  My new FuelBelt had arrived this morning so thought I'd throw it on for a test run before Thursday's long run.  I got about .5miles into my warmup and turned around to go home and take it off.  I HATE IT!!  I knew I would, but thought I'd give it a fair shake.  If the darn thing would stay where I want it and not bounce around I could deal with it.  But, I'll never wear it...so, not for me.  I'll have to make due with planning my long routes around water because I just can't carry it with me.  

So, I ditched the belt and headed back out for my run.  Overachieved on my threshold miles, but was just running to the beat of some favorite tunes...and a friend of mine shared this photo...always good alone time to think about life's little stressors...