Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2014 IM Wisconsin Official Introductory Thread

Welcome to the IM Wisconsin Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to rocking Ironman Moo with the team in 14. Giddy up!
  • Options
    I won't be racing IMWI this year but I'm a townie and would be available to help everyone out during training rides in Madison or with any questions about Madison in general.
  • Options
    That is awesome Mary! Thank you for the supporting us.
  • Options
    Howdy all, I raced IMWI last year and am looking forward to doing it again this year. I blew away my previous IM time last year, so seeing some incremental improvement is what I am after this year. Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Hey gang. I'm back for IM WI this year. Doing Boston in April, and then bucking down for IM training after that. I've done it twice before (09, 11) and hope to actually nail it this time. I've gotten pretty good at the HIM, but I have yet to do an IM exactly the way I'd like. Here's to 2014!
  • Options
    Glad this thread has started! This will be my 9th IM....6th in Madtown image Absolutely love the course and CANNOT wait to get up there and ride again! Provided the 3 feet of snow we have right now EVER melts. Goals this year are to really stick to the OS training, stay injury free...and bust out a HUGE PR this year! Woo hoo!
  • Options
    Might have to dodge icebergs on the swim...in September!
  • Options

My 1st Ironman, second year in Tri's, I did Steelhead last year and didn't die so I thought I would step it up a notch. LOL  I come from a running background and really enjoy the variety of the Swim, Bike, Run. If only I could swim better... Looking forward to meeting you all, stay warm.

• Options
    Mike-you are very close to me! I live in Westmont-I'm sure I'll probably see you out on the roads!!!
  • Options
    Lauren/Mike - i live in New Lenox. Maybe we can organize a ride one day, when the weather breaks of course....

My first ironman as well. I did Steelhead last year too - great race.
  • Options

Chris / Lauren,

We should plan some training rides / runs, looks like we are pretty close to each other. Have either of you ridden the Joliet Bicycle Club 66 / 45 / 30 ride on the 4th of July? I do most of my riding on Centennial Trail, definitely looking for more routes this year.

Chris, Your race calendar looks exactly like mine...

-Mike

• Options
    Mike - I love that July4th ride. Count me in!
  • Options
    July 4th ride is great! Last year they had ice cream after the ride.... image

And I'm up for a trip to the IMWI bike course anytime anyone wants to go. I love that course and get so bored riding around home.
  • Options
    That was the first organized ride I have ever been on, the SAG Stop in Plattville was a welcome surprise. Too bad they took it down when I rode the course later in the summer... LOL
  • Options

I'll be at the race to get my Four Keys, Team Dinner and Coaching on!

In my opinion, Ironman Wisconsin remains the most challenging bike course on the North American Ironman circuit. 

EN has a long history with Ironman Wisconsin:

• I've raced it three times, the last being in 2011 with the Team.
    • I've been to the race every year, with the exception of '05, the crazy hot year. 
    • I've done a camp on the course every year of the event. See my signature for details on this year's camp. 
    • EN has had 30-50 athletes every year, since 2008.
    • Our Four Keys talk last year, at the Overture Arts Center, was attended by about 300 athletes. 

In short, we, as a Team, know IMWI inside and out, and you're in the right place to learn how to execute in Madison 

• Options

Rich,

One on the many reasons I am here, already signed up for the camp and I will be ready to rock & roll.

-Mike

• Options
    Hi All,

I am signed up for IMWI, this will be my 5th IM. I am from N.CA (San Francisco Bay Area), I have a 17 year old son and I have been married for 22 years. I am a software sales rep. I have been an EN member since 2008.

I recently discovered mountain biking. I like ultra running and marathons as well. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. IM WI camp is still up in the air for me right now. I am coming back from shoulder surgery - I should be fabulous in the water (not).

Dana
  • Options
    All,

This will be my second Ironman, IMKY 2010 was the first. Looking forward to the event, have heard great things about the course and the atmosphere.

Mark
  • Options

Hi,

This will be my first IM. Aiming to do well, although I have no idea about my possibilities. Doing Triathlon for a year now, so still learning. Living in Cleveland, Dutch nationality.

Xavier

• Options
    Welcome to the group Xavier!
  • Options

Hi All!

IMWI will be my first IM distance. My training has slacked this spring, but I'm hoping to make up for it with a solid plan for the summer. The goal is to finish. I'm in Ann Arbor, MI.

Tom

• Options
    Welcome aboard Tom! Slacked training happens sometimes. You will be ready come September. Nice to see another MI peeps!
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

Time to sign in.

Ian Kurth from Wausau, WI (2hrs north of Madison).

Getting ready to race Door County HIM next weekend, then it's time buckle in for my third showdown with IMWI.

It's a great race, and I'm excited to return. Good luck to everyone during the next several weeks of build!
  • Options
    Hey Ian great to have you with us. Good luck at the Half!
  • Options

Hello, 2014 fellow IMoor's Joe Motz here coming back for an encore. Ran it for the first time last year with a goal to finish as that was my first IM. Back again this time to see how much improvement I can bring to my getty-up. Last year I did Racine and the EN WI camp prior to,,loved the camp but felt the Racine was a bit too close to all for me, just didn't feel like I had recouped between it and camp and then the big show. This year I changed it up a bit with doing Muncie on July 12 (week earlier). Learned a lot more, mainly what not to do which I plan to put into practice.

Hope to meet many of you at the camp and if not definitely on Sept 7th.

home is Cincinnati Ohio

Buckeye (that's for buddy Ian Kurth who hails from somewhere up north 

wife Jane and adult kids Michelle, Eric and Nick will all be back to root on all ENers. 

• Options
    Hey Joe great to have you back at Moo again this year! Look forward to meeting you in September!
  • Options
    @joe-
    You got the HAIL right! HAIL HAIL to MICHIGAN! GO BLUE! See you in Madison dude.
  • Options

Sounds like a wagger is being called for: 

THE Buckeye Nation against that somebody up north. Maybe most improved time reduction over last yrs. IMoo? Looser has to purchase and ride the other school gang colors for 1 home group bike ride or one of our days at 2015 EN bike camp. Pic's on EN's dashboard required or it didn't' happen. 

What say you Ian Kurth? 

• Options
    Haha I love this challenge throw down. While I am not a Buckeye or Wolverine fan-I love the smack talk. Makes this more fun image
  • Options
    I'm with you Lauren. I'm more of a Wolverine being from MI. So go blue or Go Ian! image You would look good in Blue and Maze Joe! (All in fun Joe hope you crush it as well)