Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2014 70.3 Syracuse Official Sign In Thread

Welcome to the IM 70.3 Syracuse Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Greetings team!

I'm Charles, I live in Syracuse. This is my first foray into long course. I've done two sprint tris, a short course Xterra off road tri, a marathon, a full century ride, several metric centuries, and a handful of half marathons. Needless to say my goal for this race is to finish, and to mentally convince myself to take on a 140.6
  • Options

Now that its just a few days away from loading up my HIM training plan to take me into 70.3 Syracuse, I feel ready to sign in and say hello.  This will be my first race of the season.  I've got a couple of 70.3s under my belt, but as those are all pre-EN I'm looking forward to putting all my work to the test.  Looking forward to meeting and training "with" the rest of you.

• Options

Hi Everyone,

Checking in to say hello and happy training! I am using Syracuse as training for IMLP and it will be my first 70.3 of the season.

This weekend, in preparation or build for this course, I will be completing the NY Gran Fondo and riding up and back from Bear Mountain. Lots of hills and climbing. I joined EN after completing Eagleman last year with a not so stellar finish. I have learned a LOT since then and plan to race much much smarter this time around. I have been nursing a hamstring injury since March so may not be as fast as I will be later in the year  but I know I will be smarter about riding those hills and saving some mojo for when I hop off the bike. Weather has been a challenge and riding in mist last night was a bit surreal. Glad that we are seeing warmer temps in Jersey though. Eventually, it will warm up. If anyone has advice for how to modify the run to have a strong race when injured, I am all ears !