Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Endurance Nation crowned 2013 Ironman TriClub Program National Champions

Team,

Thanks to you and your 2013 performances WE WON!

Endurance Nation won the 2013 IRONMAN TriClub Program in Division I, for clubs with over 400 members. In fact, it wasn't even close. We won by over 150,000 points!

Below is the copy of the press release that went out yesterday, but we just wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you continuing to help us create something truly unique in the triathlon space -- a combination of resources, results, community, and value that just can't be beat!

Thanks for your continued support,

RnP

+++++

January 8, 2014 — Endurance Nation (www.endurancenation.us), the world’s largest online team of Age Group triathletes, was named the 2013 IRONMAN TriClub Program National Champions (Division I-Clubs 400+ Members) in late December. Triathlon clubs that competed in the program generated points based on their performance and participation at IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 races throughout the 2013 season.

“We are extremely proud of our athletes, who consistently show their dedication to the sport,” says Coach Patrick McCrann. “2013 was a banner year for Team Endurance Nation, and it speaks to the talent and skill of our athletes, who racked up more than 1000 Ironman finishes in 2013.”

IRONMAN launched the Tri Club Program in 2013 in North America as a way to recognize triathlon clubs who support triathlon and the IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 events. Winners receive club benefits that range from access to partner discounts on gear and services to membership development and networking opportunities. Annual points are also awarded for Volunteerism, participation in the IRONMAN Foundation, and supporting IRONKIDS and Iron Girl events. Points are also given for club members who qualify for, and race in, an IRONMAN World Championship.

"The Ironman TriClub program has really brought a fresh sense of team spirit and competition to the long-course racing circuit," said McCrann. "We are very much looking forward to the 2014 season!"

Team Endurance Nation consistently sends between 40 and 90 members to every Ironman event in North America. A passionate and active community of age group triathletes, Team EN is engineered to help each member not only reach the finish line, but to increase athletic speed and develop crucial raceday knowledge.

What started in 2007 as two coaches and 80 athletes has grown to an active community of more than 800 members. Members come for the training plans and coach support, and stay for the community and unique Team Coaching experience.

About Endurance Nation:

Every year Endurance Nation has more than 1,000 Ironman finishes, and almost as many Half-Iron / 70.3 finishes.

Endurance Nation conducts eight training camps a year, discounted for members, to prepare them for race day.

In 2013, Endurance Nation held three massive Four Keys Pre-Race talks, with over 200 people at each one to learn how to race effectively. The success of the talks has prompted the Coaches to add several more in the 2014 season.

Endurance Nation’s Pre-Race Team Dinners are a prime opportunity for members to connect with each other and meet the families that power our athletes.

Every year, Endurance Nation holds at least six virtual challenges to build community and keep members motivated to train; challenges include the Core Challenge, Holiday Run Challenge, and the infamous Annual Ice Cream Time Trial.

What’s Coming for 2014?

• Nine new training plans, bringing the grand total to more than 45 triathlon plans included with membership.

• Expanded list of training camps and race support, including Ironman Texas, Ironman Chattanooga, Ironman Mont Tremblant, and Ironman Wisconsin.

• A customized Triathlon Season RoadMap, personalized to your 2014 race schedule.

• A Coach Welcome call, and instructions on how to access unlimited additional support.

• A growing library of industry-leading advice on how to train and race to your true potential.

• Years of race-specific data, reports, podcasts and videos for events across the globe.

• Hundreds of members-only coach videos and podcasts to complement your training progression.

• 24/7 support from the Coaches and Team via our forums.

• Discounts on Endurance Nation training camps and from our growing list of sponsors.

Comments

• Options
    Very Cool. Congrats to the whole team, especially Brenda for herding cats all year long to make sure our participation numbers were reported.
  • Options
    Super Congrats!  Honestly I am not surprised at all!
  • Options
    I am SOOOOO excited for us:-) Way to go RnP and EN peeps! 2014 will even be better!!
  • Options
    Jolly well done chaps!
  • Options
    Super proud of the team.
  • Options
    Glad to be part of this team!
  • Options
    Congrats & a HUGE thanks to the Coaches and Brenda for all their hard work on this!
  • Options
    Congrats...that's fantastic!!
  • Options

Congratulations to team members, Brenda, Coach RnP and everyone who makes the magic happen!

• Options
    Great that we won. Question: how do you "win"? Is it all about fielding a large team at the various events, or is it based on our team's actual performance at the events? Is the scoring system published somewhere?
  • Options

Happy to be riding the coat-tails of this dealio!

• Options
    Hi Matt, in answer to your question above:

As a team that is participating in the IRONMAN Tri Club challenge our ranking is based on points that are accumulated in a number of categories:

Race performance and participation (Age Group Ranking points) Volunteering (1,000 pts. per race) IRONMAN Foundation (1,000 pts. per athlete) IRONKIDS athletes (triathlon and running races- 250 pts. per athlete) Iron Girl Races (750 pts. per athlete) Bonus points are awarded for athletes who participate in any of our 8 Regional Championships. Bonus points are awarded to athletes who qualify for and race in either the IRONMAN World Championship or the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship.

Hope this helps. Things may be changing to the program in 2014. Once I have that info, I will post again.
  • Options
    That logo would look real nice on the new race outfits.
  • Options

Posted By james goodman on 11 Jan 2014 03:58 PM

That logo would look real nice on the new race outfits.

Rather than putting the logo on our kits we will do t-shirts, etc for races. The date would...date...the kit 

• Options
    A vote for the logo on the EN Tech t-shirts image

Those have the year on them already...
  • Options
    Yeah Team!
  • Options
    Congratulations R&P! It's been a heck of a ride, and I've been blessed to be along for most of it! Congratulations to everyone who toed the line this year too. EN is a truly unique community of folks! Way to go everyone!!
  • Options
    Awesome!  I just saw this.  wow!  RnP you got us there image
  • Options

Posted By Brenda Ross on 10 Jan 2014 08:58 AM

Things may be changing to the program in 2014. Once I have that info, I will post again.
    Thanks Brenda for the info. You should make this transparent for the team once we know more. Last year 70.3 Kansas had some relevance for this program but none of us from EN knew so no one did anything special thatr would have indicaded EN membership. If we all know what the goal is and how to get points I'll bet we crush the competition this year!
  • Options

Posted By Matt Aaronson on 03 Feb 2014 07:02 AM

Posted By Brenda Ross on 10 Jan 2014 08:58 AM

Things may be changing to the program in 2014. Once I have that info, I will post again.
    Thanks Brenda for the info. You should make this transparent for the team once we know more. Last year 70.3 Kansas had some relevance for this program but none of us from EN knew so no one did anything special thatr would have indicaded EN membership. If we all know what the goal is and how to get points I'll bet we crush the competition this year!

Agreed. They, and we, didn't hit our stride with organizing the team rosters, etc for this program probably until right after IMKS. They were extremely unorganized, ie, didn't make it very easy for us or the tri clubs to keep their stuff updated with WTC. It was very apparent they were piloting this program, kinda making it up as they went, and I don't think they've even built a webpage(s) on the IM site for the organizer to do her thing. So updates are issued very haphazardly via a closed FB group.

We've created a page in the Wiki here. Will post updates in the forums and archive them on that page.