Home General Training Discussions
Options

"A" Race Change-Is this acceptable?

I have just changed my "A" race for 2010. Instead of traveling to the U.S. (bike shipping...ugh!) to participate in Buffalo Springs 70.3 in Texas I just changed my "A" race to the TriStar200 Andalucia, which is a long distance triathlon here where I live in southern Spain. However, it has a very differrent format: 169K Bike, 1K Swim, 30K Run. The distances are different AND instead of swim, bike, run you bike, swim, run.

The "200" in the name is the combined distance. And, this is the second annual event.

I'm in the November OS also. 

Is this acceptable? EN says "select an Ironman or Ironman 70.3 distance event. Will this one qualify? Event link: 

http://star-events.cc/site/index.ph...n2010-date  

Thanks.

Jay

Who's now riding a "Sexy Cervelo" with a PowerTap

Comments

• Options
    No rules for A races. Your new race sounds very cool. Just make sure RnP have the date so your training plan lines up with the event.

tom
  • Options
    Thanks Tom. And, thanks for the reminder to tell RnP. I made the changes in EN, but haven't told them.
    Yes, it's a new race here. It just began last year and it turned out to be a big success. Last year I had other plans.
    Did you go to the link and watch the video (top right hand corner video). It's a good intro.

Thanks again,
    Jay
  • Options

Jay --

Very, very cool sounding race! We won't change anything about you now until you EXIT the OS...so you are still a Turkey and we'll need to revisit come March! image

P

• Options
    Patrick,

Sounds great. Just what I wanted to hear. ;-)

Jay
    (after a scary time trial (my first with POWER) this morning when a fast approaching electrical storm and torrential downpour was heading my way during the last 20 minute interval. Now, that's incentive to crank it! 5 mintues after pulling into the garage it came a gulleywasher. Safe & Sound. That was close!)