Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

American Zofingen 2014 Race Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm sticking with the CWD again this year, I'm fear that if I did the Chris G F1 distance that Withrow might finish the Long Course before I finished Middle one.
  • Options

What is CWD?

• Options
    The short course was renamed "Canadian Women's Division" after a female from Canada came in second place overall in I believe 2011. CWD is the polite abbreviation of that. Middle distance is also known as F1 or "Chris Gleason Memorial" distance.
  • Options

Ahh, So much to learn. I'm gonna get slaughtered. It's probably better that my wife won't be there. She'll never believe anything Keith says about me anyway. 

• Options
    Peter, just making sure you read this and the associated links that are in there: http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/15366/Default.aspx

@Dave McLaughlin/John Bayone-- Are you guys still in?
  • Options

Posted By John Withrow on 07 May 2014 11:50 AM

Recruited two new EN victims, um, I mean participants for AmZof... Fellow Team ReserveAid'ers and EN'ers, Steve Boer (CWD) and Gareth Doran (Middle Dist) just signed up...

Doing the Long Course this yr, might just be the first race I am actually afraid of... Less than 2 weeks to go and I feel like I need to add some long runs into my schedule. How the hell did I forget to do any of those leading up to this race. Dammit!

Long runs in training will do you no good. Only a Medevac can save you now.

• Options
    @Al T - that is a comment worthy of the slowtwitch Amzof thread, they are looking for a race slogan, that might just be the winner!
    I have two friends that bailed on the Long Course and have switched over to the moderately awful course. I am feeling good myself, after a good long run last night, i know i am ready to suffer!!!

if you haven't done so, read the Slowtwitch thread on the race, if nothing else you will laugh hard...
    http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/American_Zofingen_2014_Official_Thread_P4936626/
  • Options
    Damn you, Withrow! CWD for me.
  • Options
    Read the thread, JW. Funny but it might not be my kind of crowd. I did laugh at some of the slogans.

"Helping you hurt yourself."
  • Options
    Like the chatter in here, finally. One of the Ottawa Sleeper Cell will be coming out to test the course. Make sure you look out for Brent Eritou a.k.a. Stoneface. I will be there next year, because I said I would be, but now I wish I had not. Hope next year is a short winter so I can get in the trails in the Gatineaus for my running. If not, it will be snowshoe running in there.