Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Block of Rooms Reserved - Group Rate

Courtesy of Scott Dinhofer - For those of us doing the AmZof, aka Chris Gleason Memorial Duathlon:

As in the past I have arranged a group rate under the name “endurance nation” at the Hudson Valley Resort & Spa. The hotel is on the race course, but not very convenient to anywhere. This is usually the graduation weekend at SUNY New Paltz, so getting rooms in town are impossible.

The regular rate is: $149

The special rate they are giving us is: $119

Most of us usually stay there for one night (Saturday May 17)

Please call Kathy at 1-845-626-8888 dial for reservations and tell them you are with “endurance nation”

Please pass this on to anyone you know who is doing the race this year.

Comments

• Options
    FYI, the rooms weren't approved until today, by Noon tomorrow (1/23) the reservations people should be accepting it properly. The registered group name is Endurance Nation and the person that arranged it if the reservations people can't find it is Kathy Balestra.

• Options
    Here is a thread that Scott had in Training and reviews so everyone can start their chatter here and keep things in one place. Thanks folks.

http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/14389/afnp/166386/Default.aspx
  • Options
    Someday we're going to convince former duathlete phenom Brenda Ross to make the trip down for this epic race accompanied by her invincible husband Steve "The Machine" Ross.
  • Options
    If anyone had trouble getting the group rate, there was a couple day delay in the approval process, should be good to go, now time for talking sMack...
  • Options
    JW, I will put it on my race calendar for 2015 - sound good? I am not sure I can pull out the 8 year duathlon veteran for anything spectacular, but I would give it a shot.
  • Options
    B-- It's a deal!
  • Options
    Done. Once I commit, I commit.
  • Options
    Brenda...you & Steve will love this race.  Just the coolest vibe & atmosphere.  But the course is NO JOKE, so show up fit & rested.
  • Options
    Thanks Bruce. Yup, well aware of course. Have scoped it out for years. Now I am committed to 2015.
  • Options
    I just finally booked my room at the Hudson Valley Resort & Spa, the only other room that had attached to the group was Keith Wick. Let's ally try to rally and stay together, dine together and raise a glass on Saturday night to Chris together!

the details are:
    Hudson Valley Resort & Spa - 845-626-8888
    www.hudsonvalleyresort.com

when you call go to regular reservations and tell them you are getting a room under the "endurance nation" group rate for Saturday night May 17
  • Options
    Envy you guys. I will be at the long course du nats same weekend. And if I can make time, I may attempt the original ZOF in Suisse. Anyone done it?
  • Options
    Hi folks,
    I wanted to drop you a note to let you know I am your official race captain for this event. I noticed no one wanted to post their workouts in this forum, which is fine. I know you are a veteran bunch. But I wanted to let you know that I am here to support you for this event in whatever way is helpful.

Think about whether you want a EN team gathering prior to the race. I am happy to organize a lunch, dinner, or some other type of gathering. Let me know your thoughts.

I look forward to cheering you on!
  • Options
    I'd love to go back to that brewery place to eat again---but I don't remember the name. The hippie place last year was good too, but was pretty small. Names anyone???
  • Options
    2012: Gilded Otter Brewing Company
    2013: ???
  • Options
    I think Gilded otter is the call again... can we get a roll call of who is in? we are trying to organize everything ahead of time...
  • Options
    Guys, if you are interested in going to a dinner, make sure you fill in the EN Event Sheet. It can be found in the super duper admin thread in this group. It is a great place to enter all your particulars and to keep things central.
  • Options
    We are only 4 weeks out from this race! I hope your training is going well.

I want everyone to know that we have a dinner reservation for Saturday night, 7:00 pm, at the Gilded Otter. I made the reservation for 10.

I will be confirming one week in advance. I hope you'll be able to attend! Please RSVP here

If you have questions, let me know.

Happy training!
  • Options
    awesome Leslie---that place rocks. Thanks so much for arranging this.
  • Options
    Thanks for setting that up, Leslie.

How is everyone doing? Holding it together?
  • Options
    Leslie - thanks for making the arraignments for us, this is an EN veteran group, so most of us know what we're in for, that however does not dimish the fact that you're helping us out, and we do appreciate it.
  • Options

Posted By Cary Blanco on 07 May 2014 01:23 PM

Leslie - thanks for making the arraignments for us, this is an EN veteran group, so most of us know what we're in for, that however does not dimish the fact that you're helping us out, and we do appreciate it.

Agreed!

FWIW, I just booked my room today!

• Options
    Leslie:
    do you have a list of ENers coming?
    also, when do you need final headcount on dinner as i have to figure out if some friends are coming...
  • Options

HEY GANG,

I would like to know final dinner count by the 13th.  I gave them my credit card to hold a table for ten.  Definitely would like to adjust if I need to.  We are a small enough group that please prepare to pay for yourself at dinner.  I will ask the restaurant if we can have separate checks.

Regarding who is coming, I do not know for sure since no one filled out the Intro thread.  I've read through the few comments here and this is what I guess:

Scott Dinhofer, Keith Wick, John Withrow, Cary Blanco, Peter Wick?   

Anyone know of anyone else?  Is Bruce Thompson coming?

Thanks,

Leslie

• Options

I plan on coming to the dinner.

• Options
    Thanks Peter!  I thought so but your name wasn't on the event sheet so I was 100% certain. I'll count you in.  
  • Options

Hey everyone, I'm a little late to this thread, but better late than never. I have been a little busy with that whole cancer thing, a new job and said new job sending me on a business trip to Los Angeles.

I missed approximately 4 of the most important weeks of my race prep due to recovering from my surgery. I was actually debating bailing on AmZof because I wouldn't be able to bring my A-game. Rather than bail, I have re-framed my expectations and reasons for doing this race. This race now represents the ultimate way of declaring victory over my cancer.

I will not be setting any speed records on race day. I have done a few race rehearsal type workouts which have given me a good sense of the fitness I'll be brining to the start line. I have been seriously into du's for several years now and I am stoked to finally be toeing the line at arguably the most unique & epic duathlon North America has to offer.

My wife will be making the trip from Ottawa with me. We will both be attending the team dinner on Saturday night and staying at the Hudson Valley Resort. I have filled out the event sheet accordingly.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

• Options

Brent,

So glad you decided to do the event.  It will be a celebration of health!    I'm looking forward to seeing you again and finally meeting Natalie.   See you this weekend!  Safe travels.  Leslie

• Options
    Brent:
    glad to hear you are coming, are you planning on doing short course? being out there and participating should do lots for your mojo, good on you for soldiering on!
  • Options
    Wrong Brent people. The Brent that is married to Natalie is Pilon. Brent Eritou is married to Alana and she is amzing.
  • Options
    Oops! Sorry Brent. I look forward to meeting you and your amazing wife Alana!image: