Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman CDA
Options

Race Day Parking

What is race day parking like?  Is it easy to get into/out of?

Comments

• Options

Posted By Chris Oubre on 19 Jan 2014 09:36 PM

What is race day parking like?  Is it easy to get into/out of?

I've done this race 9 times, always with a Sherpa (my wife) to help with parking. Compared to most other IMs I've done, the parking is relatively benign. The ideal thing, of course, is to have someone drop you off about 200 meters from the entrance to body marking/transition, then have that person go find a place to park. Because it's Sunday morning, and the race is held at the edge of downtown, there are both lots and on street parking which are fairly close to transition/finish and free of anything except for racers/spectators. I have never walked more than 1/4 mile back to the car after the race.

Basically, the parking we've always used is to the Northeast and North of the transition area. The lake is to the South, the CDA resort/host hotel is directly East, and just east of that is a large parking lot that many people use. But getting out of it before midnight is problematic, due to the run course being in the way.To the West is an old neighborhood; parking there is more difficult, and it is not as convenient to the finish line/TA as NE or East.

• Options
    Great reply! Thank you.