Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Volunteers for IMLP 2014

My second time volunteering at IMLP, the first was Bike #3 - 9N Rest area.

This year I'll be doing a double shift on the run course:

Run #2 - town garage / Rt 73 - 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM

Run #2 - town garage / Rt 73 - 07:00 PM - 11:30 PM

Comments

• Options
    Don`t forget peeps. We get points for volunteers in the IMTriclub Challenge. Subscribe to the IMLP group and you will get the link for the EN Event sheet for the event where you can put your name so I can submit to the club challenge coordinator.
  • Options
    Chris and Bridget Love, IMLP Volunteers, 2014. Finish Chute 4pm - 8pm!
  • Options
    I'm at bike special needs, 8:00 - 2:00, then the finish chute with my daughter from 5 - 9 pm.
  • Options
    I'm at run aid station 5 on river rd. 8-11pm. Want to support the slow pokes like me. image
  • Options
    Hi Brenda - I am having trouble finding the EN Event sheet.  Is there a link you can post?  Thanks!
  • Options
    VIP Check-in Friday 12-4

Kim - I'd say we're just getting the best value for our entry fee by using more of the 17 hour timeframe, not being slow pokes!
  • Options
    Kerrie- excellent way to look at it! I def. got my money's worth in FL with just 30 mins to spare til the cutoff!

"I'm not slow... I'm frugal". Lol
  • Options

Very late to this thread Steve.  I'll be volunteering at town hall 11-4 during the bike portion.  At least at this point that's my plan.  I need to make a weight goal to get there and I have a long way to go at the moment. 

I'll be coming down with my bike and riding the course hopefully on Friday and Saturday. 

• Options

My wife and I are volunteering at the Finish Chute, 6pm-12pm

• Options
    @Gordon - I hope to be there fri and sat with my bike too. I'm sure others will as well. Could be some epic training rides.

If there are more than few, we could setup a separate groupme (don't want to friek out racers) to coordinate rides and swimming.
  • Options

Hello IMLP volunteers. Just saw this post. As I am sure you all know, we get points for members volunteering at Ironman that go towards our status in the Ironman TriClub Program. Details about how we collect points for the program can be found here 2014 IM Triclub Details

12 weeks out from IMLP I will be creating a Super Duper Admin Thread, where I will be putting the link to the EN Event Sheet, where athletes who will be racing and those that are volunteering will need to put their particulars. I use the information on that sheet to forward to the organizer of the Triclub Program so that they can calculate the points that we generate. 

Having said this, I really want to make sure that you guys get on the list, so here is the link to the EN Event Sheet so you can put your info on their now.