Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Anna Stanbaugh - need schedule adjustment (travel)

Hi Couach,

I am currently on week 7 of HI plan. I will be traveling all next week and need help adjusting the plan. That’s also the week where I am supposed to do the bike test, run test and the T-Pace test.

My week will look like this:

Mo: I can still swim in the morning

Tue: hotel gym (treadmill, stationary bike?)

Wd/Thu: no time for workouts

Fr-Su: run outside / ocean swim? no bike available

Thanks. 

Anna

Comments

• Options
    Anna any change you can test this week? That's the best so we capture your gains thus far. You could bike easy Tuesday...then Bike Test Wed...Thursday off...Friday run Test...then Sat Bike as planned...Sunday off...then your travel week..we'd pick back up with Week 9 when you return.

If that doesn't work, let me know!
  • Options

@Anna Stanbaugh -

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Anna, sorry this took so long...I marked it as done but never did it. I owe you big time!!! 😢

In looking at your year, and hoping you are coming to Blue Ridge, I have you doing The OS Bike Focused plan into the Half Plan...you'll do more than 12 weeks of the Half Plan -- closer to 15, and that will help you build up.

Since you are in the OS plan right now, the focus is on run FREQUENCY, not volume just yet. We can get sexy with volume in May...for now let's re-establish your foundation.

Targets:

• Weekly Run Volume 15 miles to 18 miles per week. You can go 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 with that...
    • Bike Target: Rides per week.... Three as listed and add an easy 45 to 60 minutes before the Sunday run.
    • Swimming - Not a priority. I'd prefer self care / stretch time / core...once we get to early May per the dates below we can hit the pool.

Feel free to set up a call! https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min

Your Races

• Ironman 70.3 Traverse City (2019-08-25) #70.3TraverseCity_19

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

• Last updated by Coach on 03/20/2019
    • Load the OutSeason Plan  
    • On 5/13/2019 Load the    EN Half Bike Focused  to end on 8/25/2019
    • On 8/26/2019 Load the    Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 09/08/2019</p>

Your Notes

Post injury - out of shape :-(

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P