Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2nd Quassy Race Rehersal 5/17

I am planning on doing my race rehearsals on the Quassy course and would love some company! The second RR looks like it falls on 5/17 and I wanted to throw it out there to anyone who lives close, but not close enough to come for the day, you are welcome to stay with us. We are about 45 mins from Quassy. We have a guest BR w a queen bed and another with a twin, plus lots of other room for anyone willing to rough it on a couch or air mattress!

We have plenty of time til the second RR put thought I'd put it out there so folks could make appropriate plans.

PS we have 3 dogs so def not a good place to be if you are allergic...image

Comments

• Options
    Hey Kim, Count me in!

Thanks for the offer of a place to stay. Though I'd love to meet your cute pups (and wife), I can stay with my step-sister who lives in Southbury (the Olympic course goes past their house). Hopefully you can get a good group gathered and really build some energy and support.
  • Options
    Great @ Leslie! Southbury is super close, that's awesome! Maybe I'll stay w/ your step-sis too. LOL, JK

I also plan to do the first RR on the course as well, which should be 4/19. That is Easter weekend though so not sure how many folks will want to join then. But I'll be there, weather permitting.
  • Options
    I might join you for the 4/19 race rehearsal. It looks like my calendar is open on that date. My Get Faster plan ends on the 13th so it would be interesting to see 'where I am' in relation the the HIM.
  • Options

HI Kim!

I am 100% in for both of the RR. 4/19 and 5/17!!!!

• Options
    I think (fingers crossed) that I can make 4/19 too.  We'll have a nice group!
  • Options

Hi Kim, I am totally in for April and May!  Looking forward to meeting you and more of the Quassy team!  

• Options

I have put April 19th on the Calendar, as has EN member and fellow Quassy competitor Mike Dreyer. Mike and I will drive down from New Hampshire early that morning. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive. What time were you thinking of starting?

--Larry

• Options
    Maybe like 8am?
  • Options

Just wondering, do you plan on doing the 5/17 RR and the 5/10 training ride?

• Options
    I'm planning on doing both, plus the first RR on the course. I'm also going to try to ride the course before the first RR but not sure if that is oging to hapen.
  • Options

For the rehearsal on the 19th where should we meet? Mike and I will try to be there by 8:00 am. 

--Larry

• Options
    I think probably at the Quassy parking lot, towards the back closest to the road. THe park isn't open until the following weekend.

Also, not sure who has Fri. the 18th off (it is Good Friday) but I'm thinking that might be an alternative if the weather doesn't look good for Sat. 4/19....
  • Options

Getting excited for our 4/19 ride!! and very NERVOUS! First time riding this course. I'm a little worried about getting lost (as someone I know got lost rehearsing this course last year). Also a little curious as to how these rides go....I know there are not a ton of us, but does there usually end up being "pockets" of riders that are similar speed?  Anyways, I will be there at 8 AM!

• Options

P.S. @ Kim- I have the 18th off so that would be an option for me as well if the weather was bad!! 

• Options
    I think that I can make it on the 19th as well....I hope! @Laura - I am clueless on this course too...we can all get lost together!
  • Options
    I cannot make the 18th so hopefully the weather is ok on the 19th. I plan on printing up a few copies of the turn by turn directions from the Rev3 site. Hopefully that will be enough. When riding with a group we often stop at the big intersections so that we all are on the same page, I am sure we can discuss details before we ride. I assume we will need to carry all of our nutrition. This will be fun. I am looking forward to meeting the hills of Quassy.
  • Options

I'm hoping to make it too.  Crossing fingers for good weather on the 19th since I don't have off the 18th.   I have the same concerns as others...getting lost.  My step-brother-in-law knows the course really well having done Quassy a few times and living near the course.  I could ask him to join us.  (He's a former EN member and the one who convinced me to join.)

I've only done one outdoor ride so far this year so...I'm guesstimating that my avr will be between 14.5-15 mph.  I suspect I may be one of the slower riders.  Anyone else around this pace?

• Options
    We'll have cue sheets and we can split into groups if necessary. I've done the Oly course a lot and I think some parts overlap so hopefully that will help! We can also have some designated meetup spots within the groups too, and swap cell #'s just in case.
  • Options

I spoke to soon for April 19th RR.  Looks like I will be in sunny Florida.  I would like to get a RR  in April.  Maybe the following weekend.  If anyone is doing any other dates in April, please post!  I will be there for the May RR - did  I read there is one on the 10th and the 17th?

• Options

Hello Quassy teammates!! Hope everyone had a chance to enjoy the nice weather this weekend!! (I guess that depends on where you live, but here in CT, weather was Spring like!!!)  I am looking forward to this weekends ride! (Although a bit nervous too!!) So I know we said 8 AM, but I am not going to be able to make it until 9 AM. I am driving down with a friend and she plans to be there at 9 (wheels up by 9:30).  Another friend of mine will be there as well with her coach and a couple other teammates. So there will be quite a few of us doing the course that day (which always makes it safer!! I figure the more riders out the better!! Also less chance to get lost because someone will be near you at some point lol)  I hope it does not seem like I am bailing on the team, but 9 AM just works out logistically better for me. And my friend has done Quassy before, knows the course and rides the same speed (for the most part) so it will help me mentally for the first time.  I really hope to see some of you on the course!! If not on the course, after somewhere! Also, are people planning on running the 6 miles right after the ride, there at Quassy?  Again, really hope it doesn't seem like I'm bailing! I will be there! Just a little bit later....

• Options

Laura- No worries!

Just started a new thread to discuss the first RR...

http://members.endurancenation.us/F...fault.aspx

• Options

Is all still a go for May 17th RR ?  Where and what time are we meeting?  Thanks

• Options
    Wheels up at 8am, Let's meet in the Quassy parking lot, near the back (end closest to the road, near the big white painted rocks)

Here is the link to the directions to Quassy. http://www.quassy.com/plan-your-vis...irections/
  • Options
    Sooo, the weather (as of this moment, subject to change of course!) is looking better for Sunday vs. Saturday.

Just want to get an idea of who is in for Saturday rain or shine, and who is open to Sunday if that is the better day?

I'm following the sun, so will likely move to Sunday if Sat. am is as crappy as they think it will be right now....
  • Options
    I am race captain for Am Zof up in New Paltz.  We are having a dinner Saturday night so I'm not sure I am up to driving 40 miles to Middlebury and then another 50 miles to New Paltz in the same day.  That said, if enough of you end up going ahead with Saturday, I may join you.  Just don't want to promise, especially since I bagged last time.   Obviously Sunday is not possible for me.  I'll be cheering on the Am Zofer's!  
  • Options
    I'm going to end up making the decision Sat am and see if the rain has stopped by then. They are now saying it may stop fairly early in the morning so 8am might be ok. Hope I see you guys! Who's coming?
  • Options
    Thanks for the post Kim, Not sure it will work for me, unless you let me know around 5:30am :-) it is a 2.5hr drive from Boston. Sunday Quassy is having a rehearsal swim at 10am I may just attend that then do the bike after the swim. I have yet to get a OWS in and with the weather so on/off, Sunday might be the best day for me to get it all in.

So I think it will be Sunday for me....

• Options
    regardless of weather I'm doing the RR from home Saturday and the Shamrock Duathlon Sunday. Have fun at QSY!
  • Options

Hey all!!

I am not going to make it out to Quassy tomorrow for the ride.  I'm riding from home. But have an awesome time at Quassy!!! Looking forward to see you all soon!!

• Options
    I won't be at Quassy tomorrow either. My plan is all mixed up and I'm not biking tomorrow. Good riding to all those who will be there!