Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Alternate B2B Ride...

Once again B2B, the epic 148 mile ride from Harpoon Brewery Boston to Harpoon Brewery 148 miles away (VT?) is on Ironman CDA weekend: 6/19/2010.

I still want to do an epic ride, but can't do it then. If I do it, it would be either mid-June or early July think before the 4th. Ideally it would be an overnight trip, like maybe ride 148 miles to a BnB, meet the family for a night, then have fun on Saturday and come home (in car). If I have enough SAUs (doubtful), maybe just have it be a bike only weekend...anyone?

P

Comments

• Options

A brewery to brewery ride is so something I would be up for.  Just wish they were better breweries!!!  I would need SAU but you never know.

• Options

How's this P -

1. Friday - boston to North Conway, NH - meet family
    2. Sat morning - N. Conway - Twin Mountain - Franconia - Lincoln - Kanc - N. Conway century
    3. Sat afternoon - Story Land with the family (enter after 3 and you get in the next day free)
    4. Sun morning - Hurricane t road - 40 mile ride
    5. Sun afternoon - Story Land round 2

Works great with little kids.  I've done the Sat/Sun portion of this twice anad it worked out well.  The Fri part wouid make it epic for sure

• Options

Since Patrick and Dave are both training for LP, I'm in on whatever we decide.   However, if we did Dave's proposed plan, I don't think I'd have the legs left for Storyland.  That's an annual trip for the Halligan fam and I need fresh legs for it. 

Dave

• Options

I'm totally in for a N. Conway epic training weekend to include trips to Storyland.  My kids love that place!

Since I think all of us are doing LP, we should be able to pick a weekend that works for all of us pretty well.  I just know that the weekend of 6/10 I'm out (wife's college reunion).

Mike

• Options
    If I have any SAU's to burn I would do whatever. Sounds fun.

• Options

the storyland/bike combo sounds awesome.  i'd be in for that as long as it's really late june or july.  if there are a lot of snow days this winter, i fear not being able to do friday as school would get extended.  kids loved story land and i'd look at that as a brick of bike-walk.

• Options

Last time we did this, we did it in early June since we do the LP epic weekend in late June. 

@Halligan - do you get mistaken for the fairy tale giant at SL?

• Options
    I like the proposed route Dave C! Very cool...let me pitch this to M after I get back into SAU balance after IM trip #6 this year...my SAUs are incredibly low right now...

P
  • Options
    Posted By Patrick McCrann on 22 Nov 2009 12:29 PM

I like the proposed route Dave C! Very cool...let me pitch this to M after I get back into SAU balance after IM trip #6 this year...my SAUs are incredibly low right now...

P

The beauty of this plan is that it is SAU neutral.  No deficit spending!