Home Announcements 🎙

Forum Upgrade

Team - 

We are very pleased to let you know what we have updated the forums to the latest version of the platform software. IF you find any glitches or issues, please let us know via support here: support@endurancenation.zendesk.com

Here's what we get from the upgrade:

Improved Search Functionality

The results are still a bit slow, but you can click on all pages of the results -- as far back as 2009!  You can also use the Advanced Search function to sort results by relevance or by date.

Better Visual Layout

I think the new layout of having images on the left side of the main forum view is really helpful. I also enjoy how much easier it is to read these main pages…most of the individual thread layout hasn't changed. 

Mobile Forums via Tapatalk (Free App with Paid Upgrade) 

Now you can access, read and post to the EN forums on your smartphone.  In fact, it works for ANY forum, so it can work for other places that you frequent online. You can even choose to receive push notifications on your favorite threads.  In fact, I think if you visit the forums on your 

You download it for your phone (below), then find the EN forums. Search for "Endurance Nation". Then you will have to sign an and you should be all set. 

Please note if you want to upgrade the free app for both your phone and your tablet, those would be separately purchased. You can learn more on the Tapatalk main FAQ page here: http://tapatalk.com/faq.php

Thanks for your continued support!

RnP

Comments

• Sorry Coach P - I missed this and posted a comment to the dashboard. The new look is cluttered and it's hard to read the titles since they are in a lighter font than the the date info below. I would like to see the title in bold and the information below the title in subdued font. Also, it's nice to know the date the thread started but the time is extraneous information. Throw the time out. Likewise, the number of views, responses etc., should be in bold and the other info subdued.

A suggestion I've been meaning to ask is to include a check box along side each thread with an option to mark ALL Read, or just those selected. Thanks for taking the time to continually improve the forum!
  • Can someone tell me why we would want to use tapatalk if our iPhones and iPads and laptops work fine now?
  • If only DNN's forums were more like this:

http://www.discourse.org/

I've been working with forum software since the 90s, and they're right, it's time for a change.

• Posted By Robert Sabo on 26 Mar 2014 06:55 PM

Can someone tell me why we would want to use tapatalk if our iPhones and iPads and laptops work fine now?

Rob, it's because on Tapatalk, everything is responsive and fits in the screen. I am in the forums several hours a day, and it's mind numbing to have to scroll left right for each line to be able to see what I am reading...I find it to be a much more user friendly experience.

But, if yours ain't broke, don't fix it...  

• Posted By Marc Robards on 27 Mar 2014 05:36 AM

If only DNN's forums were more like this:

http://www.discourse.org/

I've been working with forum software since the 90s, and they're right, it's time for a change.

Marc, I agree. DNN is a unique entity and we, as a company, are unfortunately somewhere between the bounds of two worlds -- cheaper / not great and expensive / really good.  Just last month someone emailed to ask why our forums weren't more like LinkedIn...my answer included more than a few 0s and dollar signs.  We are committed to making the forums as good as we can....but given the sheer amount of data and the format we are currently in, it's no easy switch. Thanks for your help and patience!!!

• Posted By Paul Hough on 26 Mar 2014 04:41 PM

Sorry Coach P - I missed this and posted a comment to the dashboard. The new look is cluttered and it's hard to read the titles since they are in a lighter font than the the date info below. I would like to see the title in bold and the information below the title in subdued font. Also, it's nice to know the date the thread started but the time is extraneous information. Throw the time out. Likewise, the number of views, responses etc., should be in bold and the other info subdued.

A suggestion I've been meaning to ask is to include a check box along side each thread with an option to mark ALL Read, or just those selected. Thanks for taking the time to continually improve the forum!

Paul, some things are easy, somethings arent...hope these changes help!

• I understand change, the need for it and resistance to it. I can be one of the worse at that!

I'll tell you, I already miss the button/link (little black downward-facing triangle in the grey box/square) at the end of the topic, that takes you to the last forum reply you saw/read.
  • Scott, I have no idea what you're talking about so I can't miss it.
  • Not that $3.99 is any big deal, but can you tell us what the difference between free and paid is? I took a quick look at free on the iPhone and I don't see either ads or limitations yet...but it was just a brief look.

• Posted By Robert Sabo on 27 Mar 2014 03:20 PM

Scott, I have no idea what you're talking about so I can't miss it.

On Patrick's snapshot/pic above, look at the "The Critique My Bike Fit Thread" thread. There's a little grey square at the end of the thread title, with a black downward-facing triangle in it. When you click that little link/box, it used to take you to the last page - to the last entry - that YOU read.

Now, unless there's something I'm missing, you have to go to the last page (by selecting the highest page number), and scroll through that last page to find the last entry you read. Each page can have up to 20 entries/replies.

The grey box with the triangle just skips you to the last spot you read, it remembered, that simple. Now it's gone.

Make sense?

• Coach P ... Today's look is MUCH improved.
  • @Scott -- I still have the triangle, hence it was in my screenshot????

@Paul -- Thanks!!!

@William -- I can't tell you! Try the free one...for some reason I upgraded (and wanted to be 100% transparent with you all that money might be required)....if FREE works for you then GREAT!!!!
  • @Coach P, Just an observation, but it looks like you need to disable/re-enable TrueType for the forums fonts, or revert back to the original font settings. Previously the font was very crisp and clear and easy to read but now it looks fuzzy and smudged making it harder to read.

• Darren can you get me a screenshot? The font on my end (Chrome browser) hasn't changed...thanks!

• When I go to MY TOPICS now the font is the same for both read and not read topics. It used to change color after I read it.

• Posted By Patrick McCrann on 28 Mar 2014 10:47 AM

@Scott -- I still have the triangle, hence it was in my screenshot???? 

The screen shot above is the old look for me. The new look is completely different - no triangle anywhere. I miss it!