Home Announcements 🎙

New Sponsor: Total Immersion Swimming

Team --

We are really excited to announce a new sponsorship with Total Immersion. For those of you who don't know, Total Immersion and it's founder Terry Laughlin, have been helping triathletes become better swimmers for years.

While they are known for the weekend workshops run by their certified coaches, there is a variety of excellent learning materials available in their store (www.totalimmersion.net/store/).

As an Endurance Nation member, you not only save 10% on all of these products, you also will get an insider discounts on all "corporate" Total Immersion Camps.  While most TI camps are run by private coaches (no discount available), there are a handful run by Terry himself -- and as an EN athlete you can get a discount on these select events. This discount is ONLY for Team Endurance Nation members. You can get a list of such camps by emailing keith@totalimmersion.net and telling him you are a member of Endurance Nation.

We chose Total Immersion for several important reasons:

First because their curriculum is a global standard -- if you take a workshop I know what you have learned. This means I can talk to all of you in the same language about your swimming, instead of "Coach Timmy says this, but the lifeguard says I also need to work on that, etc."

Second because the foundation of their swim stroke style is balance / position in the water -- and they emphasize an effortless swim stroke. Given that we know 80% of swimming is technique, your number one goal is to improve your body position. And everything we want you to do on race day involves you remaining relaxed in the water.

Finally, their network of coaches ensures that our growing Team will have the chance to connect with a swimming professional in almost every part of the world. No more searching for a random person to help you or asking a friend for help -- Team Endurance Nation can now find a TI professional and get right to work on improving their swim stroke.

We have added the discount information to the Team EN Sponsors & Discounts page. At last count we have more than TWENTY partnerships exclusive to Team EN that will help you save money!  

Go Team!

Find more discounts and benefits under Store / Team Discounts here: http://members.endurancenation.us/Store/TeamDiscounts.aspx

Comments

• When I decided to start doing triathlons I could barely swim 25 meters and I had to hang onto the side of the pool and catch my breath after each one. I got the TI pool side drill book and followed the instructions. It took me about a month to work through the book and the drills (and it was boring) but when I finished I could swim so much better. I still incorporate the TI drills into almost every swim workout. My personal IM swim time is 1:10 now using this method.
  • This is cool. I like TI stuff. I've been trying to practice what they preach 2-3x week during most of the year, not worrying about volume, then with about 8 weeks before a race I start building longer sets. I'm still not fast, but getting better.

Biggest prob is that I have to learn via youtube. Can't really afford another camp to attend and there aren't any instructors (last I checked) nearby.
  • No doubt TI is good stuff--very helpful. I have one of their DVDs. I also subscribe to the Swim Smooth blog. I would say to two programs are complementary.