Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

ironman maryland. 9/14

wish I had heard about this last year!

should be flat.    same town as the half ironman race.     on the DelMarVa peninsula.       good big man bike course.

and the weather should be perfect that time of year.

near lots of my family.

maybe in 2015 or 2016 if I can get in.

Comments

• Options
    Same here Robin. I wanted to do IM CHAT but it fell on the weekend of our End of Year accounting close. Sep 20 would have worked fine. But that puts two races in the Eastern Region within 1 week of each other. I expect that in the future something will give ... either dates will shift or an IM will die (like Louisville?).
  • Options
    @Robin... Cheasapeakeman was one of the first 140.6 distances I considered due to location and time of year.... Been following it for several years and it is usually Very HOT and Very Windy... STILL a fast course.... Just not as easy as it looks on paper...

I've always wondered why Eagleman sold out so fast and yet Cheasapeakeman could barely fill a couple slots.... WTC will fix that I'm sure....

But with only 30 slots for KONA on a new WTC IM they are running out of slots! Maybe 2015 will bump up to 50 slots but they gotta come from somewhere.

I Certainly can't do it this year , and I'm already considering IMLP and IMAZ for 2015 but would love to do IMMD!
  • Options

Might not be so interested if low slots.

Historically I guess high temps but for that time of the year the average is pretty mild for the area.

Might not be Ironmaning in 2015.    but for 2016.        Maryland OR Arizona might be my plan.

• Options
    Tim - since Los Cabos moved from March 2015 to October 2015 that opened up 50 slots for Kona 2015, of which IM Maryland only took 30. So unless there are other changes in store, Kona 2015 right now has 20 fewer total slots than 2014.
  • Options
    I'm racing Maryland this year, will take lots of pics and write a detailed race report.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of switching from IMLP to IMMD for 2015. I def do better on flats but was considering IMLP due to location. I'll see how IMLP training camp goes....