Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Who Is Going to Race IM Maryland in September?

We are working on a super nice lodging package...it would be our first "travel" race...and wondering how many of you are going and will be looking for lodging on site?  Please reply here....thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    Perhaps 2015.... already committed to IMChattanooga 8 days later.
  • Options
    I plan on it, but I'm in No. Virginia so I might just stay one night over there. I have 2 nights reserved in Easton right now. However, I'm always open to other ideas!!
  • Options
    I'm changing my schedule so I can participate! Expressing interest in lodging although I need to check in on some other options before committing.
  • Options

Carol and I will definitely be there in 2015. Probably this year if we weren't committed to Mt Tremblant. It's an easy drive for us and I love the Eagleman course!!

• Options
    It's in my backyard, so I will definitely be there in 2015.
  • Options
    I am thinking of trying to transfer my IMMT to Ironman Maryland.... I love that course and it's flat! Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    My wife and i are considering it.. I've already inquired about a house in Cambridge but haven't committed yet.
  • Options
    The lodging would be on site at former host hotel (chesapeakeman) - wed thru Sunday (sat race). Block of rooms so all together, would include Friday AM carbo load breakfast, airport pickup if needed, etc. So, not a house / condo but abt as close to venue as you can get, etc. I would need to know by today as race opens shortly....
  • Options
    To clarify...

Hotel: Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay

Benefits: Location of Athlete Check-In and Busses to Race Site

Room Type: Two Double Beds or 1 King

This close to the race there is no deal on the price...they will quote you $289/night which is really $347/night including taxes and fees...so I am working on some extras for you interested folks.

Curious to know your # of nights and interest, etc. Sorry so loosey goosey!
  • Options
    I am doing it! But staying with my brother for the week and a cheapo hotel in Easton the night before.
  • Options

I am probably going to register.  I have no family/friends locally, so have no idea where I'd stay, etc.  I'm interested, but that rate seems really high (not your fault Coach P).  I'd be willing to split a room though.  Would have to be some serious good perks to justify that rate for me.  

However, I live in Texas (cheaper here I'm sure) and may be out of touch with how much lodging would cost at a Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites, Marriott Courtyard, etc in that area?  Maybe I'm out of touch with reality.  

That probably doesn't help you one bit...

• Options
    Can't afford that price. Will have to investigate other options. Thanks
  • Options
    Great feedback folks and thanks for your input. If you're trying to register I know you got so much on your mind. That said, we already sent out the early registration link so you should already be registered now -- not waiting for some general registration.

We can certainly look at more reasonable options, this is just the first thing that came to mind because of the short timeline.
  • Options
    Wanted to race but the sign up ?didn't go through?? I never got an email to register early? Very bummed.
  • Options

@ Michelle...I didn't get the email either (and registered yesterday).  So, that makes me assume that something is not right on their end?  I sent them an email explaining our confusion.  Per the original email, we have until 11AM E.T on Thursday to register, so I'm hoping they're just delayed in getting the emails out to those who registered?  

• Options
    @michelle @jeff same thing happened to me too! I also emailed them this morning. I haven't heard back yet but will post an update here when I do.
  • Options
    If you registered early for IM Maryland and haven't heard back yet, please read this critical announcement -- Action Due by 5pm EST Today"

• Options
    I am registered and have reserved a room at the Hyatt. We are also staying at the Hyatt for Eagleman. IMO it is the best option for a comfortable stay despite the price.
  • Options

I am in for IM Maryland.  I would be happy to split a room at the Hyatt with another male, if anyone is interested (if any rooms still available).  

Coach P.....any updates on alternative hotel, or is this the one you'll stick with?  Or we on our own like usual?  

Any locals know if this will be wetsuit legal or not (in Texas, anything on Sep 20 would NOT be wetsuit legal!)?  

• Options
    Anyone else not get the super secret sign up code even after the second chance early registration link was sent out?
  • Options

@ Jennie....I got mine and was able to register last night.  I had emailed triclub@ironman.com and the lady manually added me to the list.  I would suggest you do the same and also PM Brenda Ross to see if she has any other tips.  Alternatively, general registration is now open!  I suspect if you just register right now you'll have no problem.  

• Options
    I got in through general registration. See you there!
  • Options
    I am in and really happy about it.
    I will need a place to stay, but I can be very lazy about looking around. Haven't decided whether to fly or drive, depends upon where we are living.
    I am looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Options
    I'm in, haven't booked lodging yet
  • Options

Carol and I are in!! Great course and hoping it will be cooler than Eagleman usually is!

• Options

I can't find diddly squat information on IMMD yet.  Does anyone have any knowledge of the course, weather, etc.?  This used to be Chesapeakeman?  Couldn't find much on that either.  

• Options
    Jeff, check out Eagleman. It's the same course but 2 loops ( I'm pretty sure). Turby and I transferred from mont Tremblant because this is much closer and we love the bike course! It's flat but can be windy. Really pretty. I checked the Choptank River temps for sept and they are cooler than June which is good because we've done Eagleman twice with no wetsuits! The run is flat but no shade. No problem for me because it will be mostly at night! Lol cool little town! We r hoping to do one race rehearsal down there...
  • Options
    My wife and I are in. We have heard rumors the course is not announced yet because WTC is looking to slightly alter the Eagleman course to make it more spectator friendly.
  • Options
    I'm def thinking about this race for 2015. Think I'd be ok to reg online, or should I volunteer? Also, is the swim in a part of the river with jellyfish? (I forget where I saw something about that). Seriously, that was my biggest fear going into IMFL so that might sway me towards Challenge AC vs Maryland. I know, I'm a big wimp!