Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

IMLP Team Dinner 07/24/14

Hey gang so I have gone ahead and booked The Cowboy (formally known as the Carribean Cowbowy) for our Team Dinner on Thursday July 24th. This will be a great opportunity to meet your fellow EN members. Ask questions, give advice, soak in the EN Mojo. If you need some equipment that you may of forgotten.  Please see below for information. We will be offering a kids choice for $10. If you plan to be training in Lake Placid in the near future please check out the restaurant. It is a nice spot Vicky and Rob Breyette are the chef/owners. They are good friends and good people.  More information to follow down the road. 

HERE ARE THE DETAILS

Time: 5.30-7pm

Type of menu: Buffet/Limited choice menu

Cost: Adults:  $30 per head  Children: $10 per head -  Inc 8% tax and 18% gratuity, not including beverages

Seating: Private party, restaurant closed to public.  Seating consisting tables of 4/6/8. Flexible.

Prepayment for dinner is required. Please go HERE to pay and please go HERE to RSVP. Make sure you select paid when you have paid for the dinner, so we do not send you an email to bug you for payment when it gets closer to the event.

Menu outline:

Salad Bar:

We will provide a salad bar area for guests to serve themselves to a selection of fresh salad items and dressings.

Entrée selections: Will be served at the table.  Pre-selection is required.  Select Number and enter in EN Event sheet HERE An order will be taken at the table to re-confirm.

Choice of:

#1 - Grilled fresh salmon Veracruz served with caramelized onions, tomatoes, roast garlic, olives, capers, lemon and herbs; rice and beans and salsa verde

#2 - Roast free-range chicken breast served with whipped potato, sauté spinach and mushroom Marsala green peppercorn sauce

#3 - Vegetarian burrito with grilled marinated vegetable, spinach, cheddar, rice and beans served with citrus crema and salsa verde

Children's Menu

#1 - chicken finger

#2 - spaghetti

Dessert:

Warm chocolate walnut fudge brownie served with vanilla ice-cream and fresh raspberry sauce

DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT AND RSVP:  Sunday, July 20, 2014

Comments

• Options
    Sounds great - I'm hungry already :-)
  • Options
    Update.
    1 )Our plan for those who will be attending the dinner to have you pay via paypal so we will be able to pay for the food as one check. You will be responsible for any beverages at your table.

2) Secondly we will be asking you to make a dinner choice and the server will reconfirm at the table. Hopefully you will remember what you ordered image.

Thanks for this public announcement.

Simon
  • Options

Simon, are a lot of people bringing their significant others or is it mostly racers?  Doing recon for my brother and me, well, I guess I'm doing the recon for our wives!

Thanks! 

• Options
    Just me at this point. I am working on my wife.
  • Options
    @Ethan if they are in Lake Placid they are welcome to the dinner.
  • Options
    @Ethan, my wife is planning attending.
  • Options
    My wife is attending too. She is not part of the EN team, but is racing IMLP.
  • Options
    All RSVP's must be put on the EN Event Sheet. All links are in the first post above. Note deadline.
  • Options
    I'm planning on bringing my husband. Is anyone else bringing other family? My parents will probably be in town and I don't know how they would feel about being ditched for the night since they don't get to see a lot of me. :-)
  • Options
    @jen anybody is welcome including family. Just add them into the events sheet, follow the directions i.e pay ahead, make dinner choices, that sort of thing.
  • Options

Will there be a vegan option?  Two of us on the team, who are doing the race, are vegan. Laura is gluten free too - which I'm totally cool with. 

• Options

@ Terra, the "#3" is a vegetarian option:

#3 - Vegetarian burrito with grilled marinated vegetable, spinach, cheddar, rice and beans served with citrus crema and salsa verde

• Options
    @ Ben - yes - vegetarian... But if it is pre made with cheese on it, its not vegan. I'm supposing the citrus crema isn't either.
  • Options
    Terra I am happy to speak to the restaurant I do know that we have several other vegans. I
  • Options

Thank you, Simon.  Please let me know; I would like to attend.

• Options

Signed in on the spreadsheet and paid for dinner.  Thanks for coordinating the dinner, Simon.  See you all there.

• Options
    I am vegan and they will have a salad bar, so I will just pay and order the vegetarian and let hubby have it if there is not vegan option. I am however not racing, so what I eat on Thursday night is not as important as you athletes. If the menu does not accommodate you , we still would love to have you stop by at the venue to meet the team.
  • Options
    signed up for Turby and I. Could not change the "1" to a "2" for the payment - but did change the "$30" to $60". Thanks for organizing this!
  • Options

Thank you, Simon, for setting this up.  I'm all RSVP'd and paid and really excited to see everyone there.  My husband, Tom, will be attending with me.

Home stretch!!!!!

• Options
    Will be staying in town so decided to join the Team for dinner! Paid and updated my info on the spreadsheet. Thanks Simon.
  • Options
    Is there another way we can pay for the dinner? It doesn't seem to like my credit card - keeps saying the address doesn't match my billing address.
  • Options
    @jen if you would like I can pay for you and you can just give me the money at the dinner.
  • Options
    I need to know how many vegans we will be having for dinner.
  • Options
    @Simon So, there will be a vegan option? If so - count me in!
  • Options
    Me, Laura, Tim, Heather, Terra. That is all I know about. Anyone else.
  • Options
    Thanks, Simon. I've rsvp'd for 2 and all paid. Looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks!
  • Options
    Good choice in team dinner location! My wife Vicki will be attending as well; all signed up and look forward to meeting the team. Thanks for coordinating Simon.
  • Options

THANKS FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER SIMON!!! I am a gluten-free vegan! I don't want to cause extra work for you, so if it's easier for me to contact them or ask them what they've got I can do that that. And if they don't have anything, I can just come and hang out.  No worries!! I am RSVP'd and paid.

• Options
    @Simon - I'm going to borrow my mom's credit card and pay later today hopefully so I should be all set but thanks for the offer:-) It's weird how many problems I've had with my card and US sites this week. No one wants my Danish money. :-)
  • Options
    Paid now - see you all there! :-)