Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Ironman Austria course critic

Comments

• Options
    Weird that you should post this now... I was just looking at the website and considering signing up since my club mate here told me that we get some sort of special preregistration if we do St. Pölten. I've not really heard much about it and now twice in one day. It must be a sign. ;-)
  • Options
    Jen - If you do 70.3 in St.Pölten you get a code which is valid for about 2 weeks to pre-register for IMAT the NEXT YEAR!
    St. Pölten is a beautiful destination and the race there is also very nice (was my first 70.3) but if you just want to get a slot for IMAT there's an easier way to do that image
    You (or a person you trust) just have to be @ IMAT expo on Monday after the race right in the morning (about 9:00am). There you can buy the same reservation code for 100EU. If you register with that code you get a 100EU refund so the price is the same no matter how you sign up.
    One person can buy up to 2 reservation codes (I already did that by myself in 2012).
  • Options
    Well, it's not really IF I'm doing St. Pölten - I'm already registered and ready for that one since it is next week... :-) It's more a question of if I want to sign up for IMAT but I guess I have until June 11th to decide that one... decisions decisions.
  • Options
    That is nice! another EN buddy will also start there - his name is Berni Felver image
  • Options
    Cool - will have to keep an eye out for him. :-)
  • Options

Jen,

I got my slot to IM Austria through Endurance Sports Travel (Ken Glah's outfit). When you use that firm there is a surcharge on the entry fee but it is not outrageous and you have to use one of their hotels. I've never used them before but the feedback is good.I takes alot of the hassle out of acquiring an IM slot in my opinion,

Stefan,

Your generosity matches your athletic prowess. Thanks again for providing all this information on IM Austria. I hope to meet you when I get over there (otherwise I'll have to mail your son his present)

• Options
    David, thanks for the info :-) I've never had trouble getting a slot as long as it goes to online registration. All the years of queueing for concert tickets have honed my skills. I'm still undecided (have already passed up guaranteed entry 2x) and need to decide before 3pm.