Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Leon's Tri

I think I've seen a few people saying they were doing Leon's Tri in Hammond, IN next weekend (June 1).  I will be there, though most likely bailing after the bike or possibly walking the majority of the run.  My goal is just to use it as a test of my swim and bike fitness in a more competitive setting. 

Looking to see who all will be there, so maybe we can meetup afterwards and get a group picture.  Also, anyone done it before?  Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Swim is well marked and I think the buoy's are numbered in reverse so you know how many to go. In water start I believe. The roads are not in great shape. There are 11 turns per loop and 2 loops for the oly. Lots of scrubbing speed. Part is on a "closed highway" ...which is closed cause it's crappy! image There were speed bumps at the turn around of the highway if I recall. Ugh. Our experience was made less enjoyable by craptastic weather last year! Cold, windy, raining and just yuck. The run is pretty basic and flat. It was my best leg of the race and I set a PR in the run.

They had a nice beer garden, but we were frozen and wet...we didn't stay for brews!

I hope you have a good weather day and enjoy yourself!
  • Options
    Thanks Trish, there goes all my excitement.... crap roads are the worst, and I did just see all those turns on the map.
  • Options

All roads cannot be perfect -> At least the weather is shaping up to be better than last year!

• Options
    BTW - I will be there, planning on wearing my EN Top.
  • Options
    Good luck to all  the ENers racing Leon's.  I'm riding the Udder Century.
  • Options
    Bruce, have a good race this weekend. Matt Aaronson was trying to get an EN posse together, not sure if you hooked up with him yet.

Niels
  • Options
    Niels...yes I've been in touch with matt.  There are about 7 or 8 ENers racing Grand Rapids HIM weekend.