Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Canada
Options

IM Canada- 9 weeks to go , lets get the mojo

Hey gang,

9 weeks to go and getting ready for testing week. How did everyone's Big Training Day go this past weekend? Hoping to hear about everyone's improving condition. Is everyone on Strava? Maybe we can all follow each other and use that as some big time motivation. Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day!!

Comments

• Options
    Don't remind me. I just started training 4 weeks ago.
  • Options

I'm posting on behalf of my wife Melissa, who is not allowed to be on a computer or watch any tv due to a concussion sustained in a bike crash on Saturday during the Big Training Day. Luckily no skull fracture, just serious road rash and headaches. She will be taking this week off from training, and hopefully be back next week. Even though she cannot train right now, her Iron spirit and positive attitude should give everyone some positive mojo and inspiration for the week. I'm so proud of her the way she has been dealing with this injury and the fact she rode back some 10 miles to the car after going down hard. Her bike should be repaired later on this week as well.

• Options
    : (

Hope she has a recovery!
  • Options
    Oh no. Sending a big wave of healing energy to Melissa.
  • Options

She says thanks for all the well wishes. She hopes to be back in action next week. 

• Options
    Hey guys!!

So happy to just be able to be back posting on the forums. After the concussion I had to take both mental and physical rest, so computers were a no-no. I am on the mend and heading into my first day back at work today. The road rash on my leg is now partially healed so that is also great news. I am sad to be missing out this week of training. For those of you who are physically able to train this week, I challenge you to make the most of it!! I am planning on getting back into the workouts on Monday. (That will be 1 week + 1 day without training) so hopefully I don't struggle too much to get back on track. Thanks for all the well wishes. Have a great week team!! image

Melissa
  • Options
    Glad you're on the mend, Melissa. A week-and-a-day is nothin' ... consider it a recovery period with no fitness loss.
  • Options
    Thanks Dave! Hope you're right image I will let you know on Monday!