Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2014 IMMT Race Prep/BRPC Self Support Camp

So a window of opportunity just openend and now I'm in Boone, NC to finish the BRPC that I was unable to complete. I'm starting Friday morning with a 92 mile ride. Saturday I hope to do Mt. Mitchell, then 104 miles on Sunday. I know it's probably too late but any EN peeps who can join me would be more than welcome.

Comments

• Options

Good luck, George.  That ride up Mt. Mitchell is tough.  I did the Assault on Mt. Mitchell 2 times with 2 of my sons.  Sorry I can't join you, but see you at IMMT.

• Options
    George, let us know how it's going!!!
  • Options
    In lieu of my vacation days accrued for IMCDA, which I withdrew from for injury, we used the Wed and Thur to do college tours in NC for my oldest daughter. Thursday after the last tour in Chapel Hill we continued west with the intent of a mini self supported Blue Ridge Parkway Camp. I had to leave the EN BRPC early for family stuff. I converted the EN routes to Turn by Turn directions on my Joule GPS. BTW the out and back routes we nearly impossible to convert.

Day 1 -90 miles (from Holiday Inn Express). I met another cyclist at the top of Snake Mt. Who told me that I may be able to get a last minute entry to the Blood, Sweat and Gears 50/100. The ride sold out in 20 min back in March but he gave me the organizers name and packet pickup site.. Since I was less than half way into the ride I sent a text to my wife asking her to go to packet pickup, ask for the race organizer and see if she could get me a slot ( she is very persuasive). Just about the time that she tracked down the race organizer I saw that packet pickup was on the route and stopped in. We managed to get a slot and my wife and daughter decided to volunteer at the race as it he race was for charity and my daughter was looking for volunteer hours for NationalHonor Society. After registration I finished the remaining ride.

Dave is in the background.  He gave me the tip about the Blood, Sweat and Gears ride.

Day 2 - Blood, Sweat and Gears 102 miles. It was nice to have SAG and traffic support. Got to climb Snake Mt. again.

Day 3 - Almost Mt. Mitchell. 64 miles. Ran out of time to complete the entire ride.