Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

Week 10...11 to go

Having recovered for the most part from Ironman Couer d'Alene for the past week, I am back on the plan. Loaded up the advanced plan and hit the pool this morning. Saturday I went out on a 2 hour bike just to see how the legs would respond and was pleasantly surprised. Did 40 miles, 1200 feet gain in 2 hours with an IF of .892, which kind of reinforces that I did not put out 100% in CdA. So I have dubbed Ironman Maryland my revenge race.
I am doing a local sprint race on Saturday, then will either get a long bike in afterwards or ride long on Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    just a heads up - if you don't have a place to stay with family/friends, it's going to be super difficult to get hotels. Everything is basically sold out in that area at this point.
  • Options

Sean- I am staying with my brother in Bowie, Md until Friday. Then I have a cheap motel in Easton for the before and after the race. Then back to Brothers. How about you?

• Options

we live about an hour and 45 mins away - we looked at getting a room in Easton but it's really so close to the race that it just didn't make sense. It's about 20 mins away. We are about 40-45 mins from Bowie. So I'm just going to drive down the morning of the race.  

Good open water swimming at Sandy Point State Park on the Chesapeake.