Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

Camp week - how'd it go?

How many of you were able to do camp week in the lead up to this race?

Personally,  I had tried to schedule it for 4th of July but the hurricane and flash-flood warnings kept me off the road on the 4th.  Instead I opted for 6:30 + 3 miles on Saturday and 120 min run on Sunday.

My focus for the next few weeks will be on the run.

I hope  you all are doing well, and starting to feel ready.  I'm interested to hear how the back to back centuries went for anyone who did them.

Comments

• Options
    Would have liked to try but work got in the way. We ended up doing the old plan protocol with long run on Thursday, swim on Friday and 112+1 hr run on Saturday. We turned it into a local club event and had more than just the EN crew out with everyone staying till the last person was in.
  • Options

I kinda did, kinda didn't…

I did the IM distance swim in the pool on Thursday and then RR#1 on the IM course on Friday along with the 6mile run.  On Saturday i did a  60 mile ride and then on sunday i did a 1.2mile open water swim and my long run of about 15miles.  Overall i think i was pretty close to following camp week protocol with the exception that i shortened my saturday ride.  It was for sure my biggest training week to date.  

Last week with the holiday i had to shorten my weekend rides, but i'm planning to get back to the plan on these last few weeks prior to RR#2.  I hope everyone's training is going well.  hard to believe the race is just a few more weeks away