Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Timothy Jenks

I wanted to ask the team for thoughts or ideas on how we could recognize Timothy Jenks at IMLP. I could get some stickers made for our helmets as a thought. Let's come up with something super cool for the Jenks family.

Comments

• Options
    At Couer d'Alene we all had a red TJ written on our right shoulder. It wasn't much but it let the Jenks family know they were in our thoughts.
  • Options
    Any developments on this Simon?
  • Options
    @woody I believe I an going to order some stickers via velolink. Also I am thinking if I can get some body tattoos.
  • Options

You can get custom tattoos made up at TriTats.com

• Options
    I like the tattoo and sticker ideas. I would like to participate.
  • Options
    Well I went ahead and ordered some bike stickers. They say i ride for Timothy Jenks
  • Options
    I'm in support of anything the team decides with regards to TJ - whether it be stickers, tattoos or perhaps a black piece of fabric that can be attached to tri top.
  • Options
    Thinking outloud... what if we were to collect a few bucks more than the cost of these items and donate the money to the Jenks family fund?
  • Options
    good idea. Happy to contribute.
  • Options

Posted By Woody Freese on 10 Jul 2014 11:56 AM

Thinking outloud... what if we were to collect a few bucks more than the cost of these items and donate the money to the Jenks family fund?
    I think this is a good idea.  Either donate directly or make a donation to a youth bike/tri org in their name.
  • Options
    At the risk of duplicating efforts, I lifted this from a FB posting from William Jenks (Tim's dad). I love the idea of any/all EN Team members who would like to make a donation (LP athletes -OR- any other event) in exchange for a decal, temp tattoo and/'or black ribbon (or whatever we decide upon as a group). We can send the $ per the information below. Simon -please let me know how I can help

Timothy Jenks Memorial Fund

Friends: Many of you sent donations to us at the time of Timothy’s funeral or have otherwise participated in something that said funds would go to Timothy’s Memorial.

We met with the principal of Ames Middle School and head coaches from Ames Soccer Club and Ames Cyclone Aquatics Club. We have agreed to establish a Timothy Jenks Memorial Scholarship for graduating 8th graders at Ames Middle School. We hope it will be a way to honor the way Tim lived and help inspire some others with the important life transition he was about to make.

The award will recognize graduating 8th grade students who live life with passion, participate vigorously in extracurricular activities (sports, music, etc), and demonstrate the willingness to apply that passion to what they do as they move into high school. We hope the recipients will use the award to help fund those passions, whether to buy a piece of sports equipment, a new musical instrument, attend an important camp related to their activities, or some similar expense. The size and number of awards will depend on the success of our fund raising; award administration will be done by the school.

The funds donated in Timothy's memory will be set aside in a Foundation account to be managed independently of the family. The Foundation account will be set up shortly. In the meantime, the Jenks family will receive funds designated for the "Timothy Jenks Memorial Fund" and see that they are put into the account when it is set up in the very near future.
  • Options
    I like the sticker/decal idea and am happy to contribute as well.