Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

IMMT Spectator Suggestions

To all-

So while we are all in the throes of big training weeks, I am trying to also help my spectating crew come up with a plan for race day.  Specifically - looking for ideas on where they should be to have the best spectating opportunities on the bike and the run.  Thanks for any input.

-david

Comments

• Options

Not to give any of my sherpa's secrets away, but the roundabout ("rotary" for my stateside teammates) at the start of Montée Ryan is probably one of the best vantage points in the area.

If you time it right, you can see your athlete on the bike out (if you choose not to see them out of the swim, or if you run like hell between the swim out and the roundabout), the return from the first loop, the start of the second loop and the return from the second loop. It is literally 100 steps from the run course as well, where you can see your athlete 4 more times.

The Beach and Tennis Club (where the swim start is) is also right there, with washrooms and a little grill, where you can get food and drinks throughout the day.

Great atmosphere, there's usually a commentator there, and music throughout the day.

• Options
    After the race started I went back to the village and lined up along the swim in. Like Nicole mentioned I went to the round about, but I choose the one on the way out to Lake Superior. After I saw my athlete go out I walked back to the Transition and waited there. Once he came off the bike I went to the run out just behind transition. If you walk up to the corner you are able to see your athlete go out on the run and come back on the run at that corner.