Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

Lodging

1st of all-CONGRATS to all finishers at IMLP this year!

I registered for 2015 this morning, and had some questions for you all.  I raced Placid in 2012 and stayed at the Econolodge-at $249/night, and a less than stellar hotel room, I was not too happy.  I'm looking for advice on where to stay. I do not necessarily have to be right in town, as my husband will be there to sherpa for me.  Any advice? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options

Hi all!!

I am also registered for IMLP 2015. At this time I have a 2 bedroom cottage reserved and am willing to split it with another person or couple. The cottage is $425 a night and minimum of 7 nights stay. I understand from this year's competitors Hampton Inn was $400 a night with a min 7 night stay.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Mandy

• Options
    Get the house Doug Johnson found in airbnb. It was right next to all the action. And a great rate. Hotels are not needed.
  • Options
    Carlos-That's a great idea, never even considered doing that. I know this is a bit early-but it'd just be my husband and I going, so if anyone is looking at locking something up, let me know and we'd love to split costs!
  • Options
    Good luck. I might take you on that as i am volunteering next yr.
  • Options

Lauren-

Did you see my post? It will only be myself and dog traveling. If you want to check it out go to www.go-cottage.com I originally tried to get the one that was less expensive, but the lady stated they were already booked. I also tried airbnb, and when I requested the dates, the guy for one place increased the price for that particular time. Supply and demand! LOL. He then stated he was uncomfortable renting it out a year in advance. I think he really wanted to get more money than he originally asked for.

Mandy

• Options
    Hmmm...Yes let's look into this a bit further-I know from prior experience with different IM races that many book rooms this far out, then cancel as the year goes on. So we may have to wait-I am the type though that usually likes to get these things figured out right away image
  • Options
    We stayed at the Crowne Plaza - 4 night min @ $450/night! The location, hotel, convenience was great but on the pricey side. We had friends who decided to come cheer us on and waited very close to race day and booked hotels (including the Crowne plaza for 1 night and half the price). Point is that over the next month or so the hotels have you over a barrel with minimum stays and pricing. I'd consider a house or condo rental!
  • Options
    When I was considering this race, I had booked this house. Super close to the run course... But I'm not, so here it is!

http://www.vrbo.com/304129?utm_source=NL&utm_medium=email&utm_term=20130808&utm_content=propertyid_text_o_loth&utm_campaign=HAUSOwnerInquiry#calendar
  • Options
    I think airbnb.com and vrbo.com are great alternatives to the hotels. I would definitely recommend staying in the village if you can. There are a bunch of places available outside of the village that aren't too far away but due to race set up, it can be a PITA to get to and from on race day. Carlos Sanchez, Steve West and I stayed in a house together and the team vibe was awesome! It's definitely a great way to do it if want to save some $.
  • Options

I have reserved:

High Peaks Resort

2384 Saranac Ave

Lake Placid, NY 12946

4 night mim and pricey....

• Options
    This was my 4th year at the Northwoods Inn. The property is a bit tired and definitely pricey, but they allow dogs, have kitchenettes (not for much cooking but a separate room to eat applesauce in at 3:00 while everyone else is sleeping) and it is close to the swim/finish area so my family has a place to hang out while waiting for my slow butt to get around the course image