Home Announcements 🎙

Pre-Order Timothy Jenks Memorial Armband & Support his Scholarship

Live Fiercely Armband

Please join Rich, Patrick and your fellow teammates in remembering the spirit of William's son, Timothy, with a memorial velcro armband for your next race or event. The band is available for Pre-Order Now; due to ship to you before the end of August.

A budding triathlete and young man, Timothy's passing has left a big hole in our collective hearts and lives. This memorial armband remembers Timothy and his amazing spirit, grit and passion for life. 

Endurance Nation and Brand Evolutions have covered all of the logistical costs so that 100% of all funds from the purchase will be donated to an endowed Timothy Jenks Memorial Scholarship at Ames Middle School. 

The award will recognize graduating 8th grade students who live life with passion, participate in activities in addition to the normal school curriculum (sports, music, etc), and demonstrate the willingness to apply that passion to what they do as they move into high school. We hope the recipients will use the award to help fund those passions, whether it is to buy a piece of sports equipment, a new musical instrument, attend an important camp related to their activities, or a related expense.

>> Click Here to Pre-Order Yours Today

Comments

• Is there a link to make a separate donation directly to the memorial fund?
  • John (and anyone else) -

To make a long story short, we are still accepting donations directly by check to "Timothy Jenks Memorial Fund". Send to our address: 3101 Greenwood Road, Ames, IA 50014.

The summer in a college town is a terrible time to get meetings among volunteer boards, since people are always traveling, and the boards have to agree to be the hosts for the fund. As a result, we are still pooling the contributions ourselves in a separate account that we still hold (as of Aug 11). I hope that by the end of the month we will have a truly independent Foundation account set up so that contributions do not have to pass through our hands, but the summer delays have throttled us.

EN has been a part of our remembrance from the beginning. Even at the funeral and visitation, the stream of photos "TRJ" and "4 Tim" on people's arms or legs was really inspirational to Tim's friends and our community. I loaded them up on the computer and people would stand there and watch the whole display stream.

Now, a word about the arm bands.

Patrick approached me about this a couple weeks ago as a way for the team to reach out....and our family was very grateful. I wanted to help make this arm band thing as positive as we could. At Tim's funeral, a whole bunch of kids and teachers and coaches told little stories about how he lived and how he affected them; the pastor summed it up at one point by saying pointing out "ferociously" he lived. Everyone thought that was perfect. I thought a fitting recognition would be to urge us all to live that way while we can, not to dwell on his death. We changed it to "live fiercely" to shorten it up a bit but convey that same spirit. I hope it's meaningful to at least some folks out there.

Thanks to all.
    William