Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2014 IMMT Week 20

We are officially in the single digits to race day.  Just thought I'd start this discussion up before my make-up last long ride before the race and hoping to iron out a few last minute nutrition details. I'm also getting a lot of practice packing and unpacking the bike.  I spent last week on Grand Cayman with the family and squeezed in a few rides, runs, and open water swims between family time and much needed SAUs.  

I also just watched the Patrick's PreRace Webinar and heard that Frank wants to know if the Captain will corral the kids which is a great idea but my plate is full.  I have 12 y/o and 16 y/o girls who will attend the team dinner.  We can meet at the dinner and perhaps a volunteer can plan from there.

Comments

• Options
    Less than 7 Days out and enjoyed a total day off today - hardest thing I did was to get a massage! Taper is a nice time....!!
  • Options
    @george, I have a 15yo daughter coming, i am sure we can get mileage out of creating a table for them at the dinner
  • Options
    @Scott. Cool. I'm not sur about a youth table either but at least I can introduce them to each other.
  • Options
    woke up this morning with the chills and body aches in every joint(including fingers). skipped my swim of course. right now feeling sick, thinking bad cold, leaving work to head home to bed. any/all advice is welcome......fire away please.......
  • Options
    Joe I would try to get as much sleep as possible, stay warm, and drink lots of fluids.  If you can get away with it take tomorrow off too so you can sleep in and if feeling better in the afternoon do a light  workout or push a light workout to Wednesday.  At this point, just concentrate on getting better!   Thankfully its Monday and you have plenty of time to kick this before the race.  Feel better soon!