Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Mont Tremblant
Options

2014 IMMT Race Week Details

Hi gang, it appears that some of you did not get the race weekend email, so to make sure that everyone get the info they need, here is the email that was sent out.

Greetings all:

Are you excited to race or what????!!!  The day you have been training for is just about here.  Everyone will be arriving in the next couple of days and the energy will be electrifying,  so lets review some details

TEAM EN BIO’S

You’ve seen the posts in our group forums, you’ve provided the support during training, now is the time to read up on some of your fellow races before you meet them at the TEAM dinner or see them on the race course (TEAM IMMT)

TEAM EN RACE WEEK DETAILS

**Thursday:**

- 7am Practice Swim (meet at beach, ready to swim at 7)

- 8:30am Recon Ride (Meet at intersection by Transition, Lake Side).         

- 10am - 4pm - Athlete Check In (Congress Centre)

- 10am - 4pm - Merrell Kid’s Run and Family 5K Run registrations (Congress Centre)

- 5:30pm - Team Dinner (Spag & Co)

**Friday:**

- Friday: 7am Practice Swim (meet at beach, ready to swim at 7).

- 9am-10:30am - Registration for Merrell IRONDKIDS (Congress Centre)

- 10am - 12noon - 4 Keys Talk - Fairmont Hotel

- 10am - 4pm - Athlete Check In (No check in on Saturday)

- 11am - Merrell Kids 1km Run - IRONMAN Stage

- 11:15am - Merrell Kids 5km Run - IRONMAN Stage

- Evening Beers with Coach Patrick - location TBD

**Saturday:**

- 8am -  Team Breakfast - TBD

- 10am to 4pm - Bike and Gear Bag Check-In - IRONMAN Village

**Race Day:**

- 5:00-6:15am - Transition Open

- 6:15 - Pre-Race Picture (location TBD)

- 9:30pm - Post Race Beers with Coaches - Casey`s Bar and Grill

TEAM DINNER DETAILS

Date: Thursday, August 14

Time: 5:30pm

161, ch du Curé-Deslauriers, Mont-Tremblant, QC J8E 1C9

RSVP Date has passed. If you are late to the party and want to join, please contact George Jordan, your Race Captain to see if he can help you out.

4 KEYS TALK

The Four Keys system is essentially a big-picture framework, a set of principles that will guide you to a place where you can race to your potential. The best part -- it has been proven by thousands of triathletes to be successful.

Date: Friday, August 15

Time: 10am-12noon

3045 Chemin de la Chapelle

PRE RACE WEBINAR LINK HERE

SO YOU WANT TO ENTER CANADA? IMPORTANT INFO HERE

TRIATHON CHECK LIST

The only thing harder than getting to the finishline...is getting to the event. What to pack? What will you need? What can you fly with? What helps with blisters? What if it rains? All these things are solved with a very well-laid out checklist.

TEAM PICTURE

We like to post a pre-race team picture to document the day, and to save a happy memory for all of time. A msg will be posted on Group Me by Coach Patrick on a time and location pre-race to meet and take a team pic. Please upload your pictures to (TEAM IMMT)

TEAM EN RACE TAG

For all you social media fiends on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc, these are the “codes” you use for your posts so that the Team can follow your exploits!(#workworks, #teamen, #IMMT)

IRONMAN Triclub

In 2013 WTC debuted its Ironman Triclub and Endurance Nation was placed into Division 1, for clubs of more than 400 members. It quickly became very clear that TeamEN members were eager to race and represent as members of Endurance Nation. We won our division for 2013.  We are competing again this year.  If you would like to know more about the program, please visit  Iroman Triclub Program.  

To Ensure Our Results are Included in the Team’s Rankings

• Confirm registration at TriClub Tables designated at IRONMAN and 70.3 Races at time of check in

TRICLUB SOCIAL

Beach breakfast Saturday morning. Space is limited to 100 people. A healthy breakfast will be served from 8:30 to 10:00 so head on down to the lake - get your last swim workout it and then joins Ironman for a little pre-race power fueling. RSVP please to elizabeth.kollar@ironman.com, wrist bands (5.00 each) will be required and can be picked them up in the IRONMAN Village at the TriClub tent during expo hours.

Location of Social:

Beach & Tennis

2900, chemin du Village

Mont-Tremblant (Québec)

GROUP ME:

EN Race Director, Brenda Ross, will be setting up GroupMe for race week communications.  GroupMe can be used with a smartphone or any phone that has text messaging capabilities.  Be on the lookout for your addition to GroupMe sometime Wednesday late day (5pm Eastern Standard Time). You can opt in / out of GroupMe in the IMMT

*** More about GroupMe at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for reading!  We look forward to meeting you all!

Regards,

Brenda Ross, Race Director

GroupMe is a FREE group messaging service we use during training camps and during race weeks for athletes to communicate with each other. When you send a text or message via the app, everyone in the group will get it. It is a great way to communicate….but please limit your chatter to training camp/race and team related items.

If you are using the app on your smartphone, there will be a settings to silence, mute, etc in the app. The app is FREE from your providers app store and is 100% recommended.

If you are using only text messaging here are some commands you can use:

• #mute | #unmute Use this command to mute and unmute groups. The first time you send it, you will no longer receive messages from this group. When you’re ready to start receiving messages again, text #unmute to begin receiving messages again!

• #add [name] [phone] Follow the "#add" command with a person’s name and phone number to add them to the group. For example, #add Pat 5551234567 will add the number (555) 123-4567 to the group with the name "Pat".

• #list Send this command, and you'll receive a list of the names of everyone in the group.

• #name [name] Set your name with this command, so others know who you are. For example, #name John will change your name to John.

• #exit This command will automatically remove you from a group.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Brenda...

Team - My brother Bruce and I can't get our bikes from TriBike till about 1:00pm on Thursday, so we are planning on a recon ride Thursday afternoon prior to the team dinner. If you are interested in joining us, just let one of us know. We'll pick a meeting spot( probably pretty close to the bike start outside of transition) as we get closer.
  • Options
    I'm coming in around noon and would like to ride in the afternoon to check out lac Sup
  • Options
    Great to know what is planned in terms of meet ups! Thanks to those who pull it all together!

Enjoy your last day or two at work, guys! See you at Tremblant!
  • Options
    Sue and I would love to ride in the afternoon but most likely won't get in until about 2:30 and will head out to the course shortly after. I still haven't figures out how to get in touch with the group while we are there. I don't have an international plan on my phone and adding one is ridiculously expensive.
  • Options
    Use the en groupme. Cheap to get short term phone data and text plan.

We are here as of last night. Very wet. Bikes mostly together.

I will ride whenever during the week. Maybe see you out there. Will swim thurs am.
  • Options
    I am also in for a Thursday afternoon Lac Superior ride, can we all touch base on the group me, or come up with a meeting time here?
    Rob S - when are you leaving? I am driving to Plattsburgh tonite, get to MT hopefully by 11am tomorrow
  • Options
    Staying at Hampton inn in Plattsburgh tonight
  • Options
    Got to tremblant last night. Just swam. Leaving mt tuesday.

Buggered both the bikes packing and unpacking for flight. My rear der cable. Wifes front brake cable. Bikes at bike shop now getting fixed. Jo Velo in St. Jovite seems good. So hopefully bike middle of day tomorrow.

Safe travels. And good luck with your bike parts. And body parts.

• Options
    Will send out a Group me note with info on ride Thursday afternoon up to Lake Sac.
  • Options
    Arrived today. Swim tomorrow morning then a ride for me. I might wait to ride until noon
  • Options
    The Whole World Is Watching. The ENation is expecting BIG things from you guys ... #GoGetIt
  • Options
    as if i dint put enough pressure on myself