Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Maryland
Options

Week 19...2 to go!

Final arrangements are being made. Those last few workouts are getting done. Butterfly's are flying. It must be almost race week!

Took it a little light this weekend, 7 mile run on Saturday and 40 mile bike on Sunday. Today I hit the prescribed workouts, but instead of 2x1 mile and then zone 2, I went race pace the whole way. I am still trying the shake some fatigue from last week and this is an important week for that.

Hope everyone is finalizing their Bios for Brenda, due the 12th. Also get the athlete info page updated with your race number.

Comments

• Options
    Was up all night sick image I have a doc appt at 3:30 today..... Couldn't this wait 2 more weeks, C'mon.....I mean really???
    Guess it just falls right in line with how this season has been, can't catch a break.
  • Options

@Chad, Sorry to hear you are under the weather.  Hope you get well soon.

• Options
    I took yesterday totally off and today storms here on the east coast are keeping me indoors today. So, unless there is a break in the clouds before work it will have to be trainer and treadmill time.
  • Options
    I had a great RR ride/run on Saturday. Was chasing our dog last night and dislocated my big toe at the ball joint. I'm hoping ice and a compression sock will have me ready in time for the race.
  • Options
    @Brent, Sorry to hear about your toe. How is it feeling now?
  • Options
    George, thanks for asking. Foot seems to be doing better. The doc told me not to run until the Saturday, but green lighted me for the race. Now I am battling a cold from my daughter. You have to love your kids, but sometimes it is tougher then others.
  • Options
    @Brent, Great to hear about your foot. Hope the cold is temporary and yup, gotta love your kids image.

@All, just managed to get the last OWS and long BRICK in today after 2 days off for family activities and bad weather. Perfect weather on the east coast today, low 70s and no humidity. Hope this weather sticks around until next Saturday.