Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman North Carolina [Retired]
Options

B2B Week of Sept 28 - Oct 4

So, got in 2 long rides this weekend but unfortunately they were 5 hours in a U-haul and 5 hours home in a rental car.  Not so good from a training perspective.  I moved the "Big Week" to this upcoming week so that should get me on track or open up my race slot when I drop dead. 

A couple of housekeeping notes, : Based on Mariah's excellent scout work and some on-site taste testing, we have narrowed the venues for the Thursday night's team dinner down to two.  The final selection will be made later this week.  What time would you like to eat? I was thinking of  about 7.  Comments?

Please put your info on the race spreadsheet here  if you have not already done so: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At8t0x4dO0EHdGhBVWQydXN3cHNtTHBKUF8tMXVhSUE&usp=sharing#gid=172

Please note that I will update the pre-race dinner info later this week.

Have a great week team and keep training.

Comments

• Options
    7 is fine with me assuming I have no trouble driving into town.
  • Options

Getting excited/nervous. FTP test today and I continue to make small but steady improvement. Several questions for the veterans in the group:

1.I have sleeveless blue seventy helix wet suit - wondering if I should go with full-sleeve version (looks like pretty cool conditions on video). Any thoughts?

2. similar question for the bike - sleeveless + plus arm warmers or full length jersey (seems like the former gives me more options)

3. compression gear for the run might come in handy as well but have never worn in a race. any experience?

• Options

7 is perfect for dinner.  I have to leave a conference early and drive from DC.

- I think full arm suit is best.   Assuming that your arms can take the extra work. More buoyancy is a good thing!

- I always prefer versatility, so I'm bringing arm warmers. I'm bringing leg warmers, too.  May not need them, but this is not the time to pack light!

- I have only ever used compression after exercise, not during.  I never cramp, so I have never felt the need.  Why don't you try it for a couple of your last long runs and see what you think?