Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum 🏎
Options

Team Chavez Race Rehearsal for IMSG

Hi Team EN,

Sorry that Steve and I have been MIA on the forums here for a few months. In Feb I had a fall and a resultant back injury that lasted 4 weeks. It was brutal and so hard for me to balance all the issues of life with pain so I had to give up something and time on the forums was what had to go. I keep in touch on facebook with many of you and that is great. I posted my RR info on FB but I will post here too.

Good news is my back is healed. I have a renewed appreciation for training and the gift of fitness and being painfree. Each workout is like a present to me. I pray and thank God every day!! When you have pain it is as if it will never end. I feel sorry for people who live with pain every day.

OK onto the RR report.

Steve and I only got to do one rehearsal due to my injury. We did it today 17 days to IM. Same as last year which worked out fine for us.

We did a 2 loop course( 53 miles each) with refuel at 1/2 point at the house. Simon Mutlu joined us as well.

My stats:

106 miles, 5:45, 19.0 mph IF .70 of 205 FT( down a bit since the back thingy), NP 144, TSS 275, VI 1.06, cadence 90, HR avg 143, W/kg 4.1

run 6 miles 49:24(8:14)

my Vdot is 51 with a z1 of 8:20 so I was supposed to run 8:20 plus 30 seconds. I felt amazing a floating on the run, trying to slow down but it just wasn't. So I will be walking the aid stations which will help get me closer to 8:50's.

Nutrition pre ride 90 minutes before: protein shake with strawberries and banana 300 calories

Nutrition bike:I drank more than planned as it warmed up out there to 70 degrees and was quite windy. In all 7 bottles on bike 5 cyto and 2 water, 100 calories every 40 minutes of gu or gu chomps or hammer bar, for avg of 250 cal per hour.

Took 6 endurolytes.

Nutrition run:

I cyto bottle and 1 gu

finished with another shake of 400 calories

Steve's stats

bike :106 miles, 5:48, 18.9 mph, TSS 294, IF

.73, FT 250 NP 182 VI 1.09 cadence 79, HR avg 108( huh?)

His run: 6 miles 44:35( 7:26 pace) vdot 61, he was supposed to run 8's he thinks and kept trying to slow down too.

Nutrition bike: 2 Lara bars, 1 hammer bar and 3 gu's, 4 large water bottles: 1 scoop cyto, 1 scoop of monster maze and 2 scoops carbo pro ( 260 calories per bottle)

2 endurolytes

nutrition run 1 gu and bottle cyto

Thanks for reading!

We feel excited to have had a great day! So awesome to do this together. We felt GREAT all day!! So relieved!

Any feedback or comments is greatly appreciated.

Carrie and Steve Chavez

Β 

Comments

• Options
    awesome job! way to go
  • Options
    Good to hear from you Carrie. Miss reading your OS efforts. Great job at getting the RR done. Steve's HR is just sick. 108? Crazy.

Also, good to hear you are recovered from a back issue. Never fun

Vince
  • Options
    You guys are ready as usual and are putting up great numbers! More importantly your attitude is awesome. 4.1 w/kg is really strong, but even with that number people will be going by you on the climbs. Just take it very easy on the ride and you will see them all again.

I can't wait to watch both of you and the rest of TeamEN.
  • Options
    Carrie, so happy that you're recovered from your back injury. I totally hear ya about feeling like the pain/injury is never going to end. So glad yours is gone.
    Looks like you both nailed your RR's! Can't wait to cheer both of you on at IMSG!!
  • Options
    Carrie- So glad to hear you are fully recovered and feeling ready to race! Also great that Madison has her cast off too- in time to hold the "Go Mommy & Daddy" Posters!! Good luck, I can't wait to follow you all online!
  • Options

Good RR and glad to hear that your back is better.Β 

Enjoy the Race.

Gordon

• Options
    I think you both did a great job considering the challenges of your back, life, etc. Love your perspective on life, training, and everything in between! Enjoy your taper!

P
  • Options

Β Great Job Carrie and Steve! Really look forward to following you guys 5/1! Carrie, Glad your back is better. I can also relate to the pain thing, will it ever go away.

• Options
    I always laugh when I hear Steve's latest heart rate. I think his resting rate has got to be in the low 30's. The 108 he registered is pretty high image

Great rides, you're ready!

tom
  • Options
    I am thrill for both of you guys! You are going to kick some serious butt!