Home Announcements 🎙
Options

How to embed video into post?

In 3.0 we just put the embed code into our post and it showed up.  Any idea on how to do it 4.0?

Also, how do we delete a post we created but want to remove in 4.0?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

Wait, wait, wait...there's a kinder, gentler John Stark? When did this happen? Who else am I going to channel while slugging it out during the swim? This is a sure sign of the coming Apocalypse. 

• Options
    Posted By Bill Russell on 20 Nov 2009 07:39 PM

Wait, wait, wait...there's a kinder, gentler John Stark? When did this happen? Who else am I going to channel while slugging it out during the swim? This is a sure sign of the coming Apocalypse. 

Bill, this is for you:  {THWACK!}

Hope it was as good for you as it was for me.   

Hope all is well my friend!

• Options

John, you just need to find the video online and choose the embed option (see below). Here's code for this vid, just replace all of the "[" with "<" to make it work.</p>

[embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/97793582/" width="437" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler_97793582">[/embed>

I have submitted an admin ticket re the delete thing. I have set it up but think that there must be some kind of global permission thing thwarting me!

• Options

This is a test.....

www.youtube.com/watch

CoachP --- I see how I can do a link, such as the above youtube link; but I am having difficult time seeing how I can actually embed the video directly into a post (as you did in your example post just above this post).  Your example to John seemed to be viddler specific or I am completely not following what to do.

Any chance you can give direction on how to specifically embed a youtube video?  Thank you.......

• Options

From YouTube, just under the name of the author and the video description on the right  you will see a URL and an EMBED textbox. If you take the EMBED  junk and paste it in here. You will get a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmGqmjE2oQU

• Options

Like David, I can't get it to work either.  Here is the YouTube code.  Have removed the < and > at the beginning and end with { and } so you see the code.

{embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZvHFnNNUj...2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">{/embed}

I am using IE 8 on Windows 7.  Can't see it or do it on older machines either.

Like with WKO copy and paster, I have pasted to notepad and them cut and pasted into the post text box.

• Options
    John,

I'm gonna try to paste you your code (with the proper URI and angle brackets) just to see if it works.

Here goes:

• Options
    looks like it worked for me. Are you pasting it as "non formated" text? Using Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread automatically makes it "non formatted".
  • Options

Not working for me.  I have tried several things icluding digging into the code for this post and looking at how you pasted in.  I copied and pasted into this post and it doesn't work.  Must be setting on my machine?  I will keep tinkering.

http://www.youtube.com/v/FZvHFnNNUj...2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Options

OK, when I hit the edit button after trying past the code and see if it worked I get this green puzzle piece where the code should be to edit.  Anyone know what this is?

FYI - I have reinstalled the latest Flash player.  However, since I could see the other vid cary pasted I should be able to see the one I pasted I would assume?

Just trying to get this to work.  GGGRRRRRRR

• Options
    john -

I emailed you the code, can you try that?

P
  • Options
    • Posted By Patrick McCrann on 01 Dec 2009 07:25 AM
    john -

I emailed you the code, can you try that?

P
    P:  Got the code and have embedded with IE8 with no luck.  Trying in Chrome and it works.  USER ERROR!    I would assume it works in Firefox also.  So then it is a setting in IE8.  I completely hack my machine to make it run without all the HP OEM crap and I probably fooked up a setting.  Will work on that.  In the meantime I will post vids via Chrome.
    Thanks for your help everyone.

• Options
    I was going to suggest using a different browser (Firefox, Safari for Windows, or Chrome) - glad you got it worked out.