Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

[UPDATED] The 2015 Lake Placid Camp is Open!

UPDATE: Now includes the names of folks who will be attending...see the responses below for the details!

Team -

Coach P is firing up his 2015 training camps…and Lake Placid is one of them!

>> Complete Placid camp details are here.

The camp — our 13th camp in Lake Placid — is June 11th to the 14th, in Lake Placid, NY.

During this three day block, I will be on a mission to get you as fit and educated as possible.

Attending an EN Race Specific Camp is one of the most critical things you can do leading up to you next race. This is generally how the camp works:

• We will meet on Thursday night in the Host Hotel (Hampton Inn) for a welcome reception and review of the weekend. This is a great chance to meet your teammates and get last minute questions answered.

• Friday and Saturday morning we leave from the hotel in wave starts designed to keep you in close proximity to other campers and maximize your ride time on the course. Each ride has an optional brick run window afterwards.

• Friday and Saturday we have pre-Dinner lectures to help you develop a mastery of the course as well as refine your overall Race Execution strategy.

• Saturday night is also the Closing Dinner when we commiserate over shatter quads and carb it up for the Sunday run.

• Sunday is the long run on the course, once again a great learning opportunity for you.

• We ride on the actual race course — this means you’ll see course markings, landmarks and experience every inch of the terrain you will face on race day. You’ll learn where things get hard, how to handle terrain and variable conditions and much more.

• By the end of the camp you’ll have logged 224 miles on the bike and 20 miles on the run. Your brain will literally ache from all the learning you’ve done and your face will hurt from laughing so hard. Good times guaranteed.

Quick Details:

Registration includes everything but mercy. Technically, your registration fee covers the Camp, Schwag, Lodging all all meals except your Thursday and Friday dinner. All you need to do is GET THERE.

You should bring your tri bike, running shoes and all your racing gear. We’ll put in a lot of time on the road and you’ll want to be able to test your equipment, fitness, nutrition plan and much more.

Interested?

>> Complete details and registration is here.

Who's In?

Here's a list of everyone who is registered through 04/01/2015:

• Don Nowak
  • Charles Hurd
  • Neill Morgan
  • John Bayone
  • William Bejin
  • Ray Brown
  • Sabrina Bluestone
  • Gerry Gordon
  • Michelle Swanson
  • Natalie Pilon

Questions?

Please ask below...

Comments

• Options
    So no swimming or is that on our own?
  • Options
    @Don, this past year a few of us arrived in LP early and swam Thursday before camp officially began. I don't believe there are any official swims built into camp but if you are efficient with your time you can probably get a swim in Mirror Lake after Friday and Saturday's rides but before dinner/debriefing. The same thing on Sunday. Depending on what time you depart you could probably get a swim in on that day as well.
  • Options
    @Doug Thanks! I will bring my wetsuit.
  • Options
    @Don, we did swim, but it's not as important as the bike and run! image Bring it!!!
  • Options

Up to four campers thus far!

• Don Nowak
    • Charles Hurd
    • Maria Murray
    • Kristin Kandiel
  • Options
    Recent Sign Ups include...
    • Neill Morgan
    • John Bayone
    • William Bejin
    • Ray Brown
    Welcome to our newest campers as of 3/18!
    • Sabrina Bluestone
    • Gerry Gordon
    • Michelle Swanson

• Options
    I am very excited to attending - I have my days of confidence and weakness. This will be my first camp and my first IM. I think this camp will be a great experience and it will surely help in the confidence dept. It was highly recommended by Pat Ward and Trish Marshall.
  • Options
    Super excited to be returning to Lake Placid again this year. I'd like to sign up for the camp this year, but was wondering about the possibility of a camp only rate? I made lodging arrangements a while back and would like to, if at all possible join for all the fun but keep my current lodging arrangements.

( I know ...there's always one...)
  • Options
    @Natalie, see my message to you via PM!
  • Options
    I'll arrive in Lake Placid Thursday morning. Anyone want to plan on swimming Thursday afternoon? weather permitting, of course.
  • Options
    Neill wondering which travel route you are taking from DFW?  Are you landing in Albany and renting a car?
  • Options
    Landing in Burlington, VT Wednesday night, renting a car there. You?
  • Options
    Still deciding Neill, will let you know.....
  • Options

I'm in but I still  need to register!!  I may camp near by vs stay in the hotel but I plan on doing all the team activities/meals.  I hope to arrive Thursday mid morning and swim once I'm settled in.  Keep everyone posted on arrival times just in case others want to swim. I'm excited yet nervous. 

• Options
    Scratching my head a bit. LP Camp is June 11-14, which is week 14 of the EN Full training plan. However, week 15 is listed as the Camp week plan, at least in the EN Full, Beginner plan.

Should I just swap week 14 and 15?
  • Options
    Charles, yes, swap week 14 and 15. I can't always get to a venue to build a camp according to the plan. It's all good..more info coming next week!
  • Options
    Hi coach
    Just to follow up on switching the training weeks for those going to the LP camp. Should we do week 13, 15(camp), 16 then 14? The first few days of week 16 is recovery from week 15 of training camp. Thanks.
  • Options
    Has anyone received information about the Lake Placid hotel arrangements? Earlier email indicated information, including how to upgrade room (my wife is joining), would be sent out.
  • Options
    @Bill I haven't received any hotel emails yet, but I believe the hotel is the Hampton Inn Lake Placid
  • Options
    Don & Bill.
    Check the opening post in this forum.
    I think that Patrick updated it since back in November and it mentions the Hampton Inn. Typically there is an email right before hand with a waiver to print out, sign, and bring along to turn in, along with a few other details.

If anyone else is getting in to town early enough on Thursday and wanted to swim a lap in the lake, I should be there.

See you guys next week.
  • Options
    Ok. I see the hotel info now. And sounds like no official activities until the evening

I was up in Placid this past weekend. Water temp was perfect and the bouy cables are in. Roads were generally in good shape other than some washboard surface on the last 2 miles down into Keene and the bridge at the bottom that is down to one lane for construction.

I been up there several times training on my own. Looking forward to being with a team.

• Options

If anyone is planning on attending the IMLP camp in a few weeks bring bug stray or skin so soft!!!  I was up there this past weekend and the black flies are horrible.  I'm bit from head to toe.  See you soon!

• Options
    @Kristin Thanks! I never would have thought to bring that