Home Classifieds
Options

Cheap Tri Bikes

Hey all,   I was surfing for bike deals this week and came across www.crafts-road.com which is based in Indonesia.  There prices are unbelievably low.  For example, they are selling a fully spec'd QR CD0.1 Forza for $4,200.  A well-known US dealer offers the same bike, same spec "on sale" for $7,000.   So my question is whether this place is for real?   I know most frames and parts are made in that part of the world so maybe it's cheap because they are cutting out the middlemen, but I would like to know if anyone has used them or knows anything about them.   Thanks.  Paul

Comments

• Options
    I would be very surprised if they shipped them to the US. Would violate all the dealer agreements. The US dealers would go nuts and for good reason. Worth a call though.
  • Options

I e-mailed them and they DO ship to the U.S. ... shipping included with the price.   With tax and shipping out the window, you would save a cool 3 grand on the upper end bikes.   I'm simply trying to find out before I send them a credit card number.   Anybody ever hear of them?   R&P?   I'll probably ask my credit card company for input before I jump on this.  

• Options

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.  If you're going to spend $4.2k on a bike you might as well get it from a reputable dealer who will stand behind it if and when something goes wrong. 

• Options

I know Felt bikes can't be sold online, its very unlikely this is legit.

• Options
    Posted By Hayes Sanborn on 23 Nov 2009 01:26 PM

I know Felt bikes can't be sold online, its very unlikely this is legit.

I have the same gut feel.   The website is very professional and was obviously proofed by someone with native English abilities.  However, the response I got via e-mail was in broken English.    That's why I was looking to see if anyone had used this website.  Notice that American made Trek and Cannondale are not for sale on the website.  Since most other frames are manufactured over there I was wondering if this was some sort of Indonesian outlet.  But it could be seconds, knock-offs, or just a straight rip-off. 

• Options

This was on ST

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum....=;#2596845

Sure does not seem legit.  

• Options
    Posted By Chris G on 23 Nov 2009 08:21 PM

This was on ST

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum....=;#2596845

Sure does not seem legit.  

HA...glad there are others asking the same question.   Too bad there isn't a holding company that would not release your payment to them until you confirmed receipt of goods (and the quality).    Thx for passing that along!