Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Louisville
Options

2015 IM Louisville Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I'm registered. I may do another IM in August depending on how the first half of my season goes so Louisville will be either IM 9 or 10. I think I will get a tetanus shot before hand just in case. image Anyway, this is a long ways off but I hope lots of other EN peeps come for some team spirit.
  • Options
    I am excited about this race. Signed up for it in a moment of weakness. I finished my second IM Wisconsin this year shaving off 37 minutes for a 12:07 finish. Focused mostly on learning how to use power last year. As luck would have it, the one thing I didn't check when I set up my bike was the power meter so I ended up riding by feel and probably over did it a smidge. Had decided I would do half distance this upcoming year. However, when a couple friends signed up and then said that we could room together and save some coin, I was in and obtained permission from my spouse. Also liked the time of year. So, goals, hmmm, same as last year I think, 1) have fun and stay healthy. 2) increase FTP power this season and finish bike portion in under 6 hours while not losing any time on run. 3) PR by breaking the 12 hour mark. If not that, pr in my new age group since I turn 50 in June.
  • Options
    I am in. A moment of weakness and I was in image
  • Options

I'm in too. Looking forward to it. image

• Options
    Hello peeps, I''m planning on doing the Ville (for a third time) this year. Hoping the change of date means cooler temps. Look forward to working with everyone in training and meeting you all at the race.
  • Options
    I'm in. First Ironman. Gonna be an interesting experience. Like Stephan Brunelle I'll be 50 this year, also and have the same time goal. This should be fun!
  • Options

Hi Jay, glad that we have some similar goals to challenge each other with.  Let's make 50 the best year of our lives.   We will have to keep in touch and motivate one another!

• Options
    Hi All, I am in for IMLOU, should be IM number 6 (assumes IMWI completion),  First time at LOU and first time doing 2 IMs in 1 yr.  Looking forward to the challenge and seeing you all in Louisville!
  • Options
    I am in as well. Looking forward to doing my first IM.
  • Options
    Alan, I've done the IM double twice and had different experiences each way. First, I did IM Coeur D'alene and IMLOU (~2 months apart). That worked well from a mental aspect because after taking 2 weeks totally off after CDA, I was staring right at IMLOU and had a short time to reset for it. The next year I did IMTexas and IMLOU (~3-4 months apart) and it was mentally harder because after recovery I had to work back into a few months of hard training. Physically, I was the same game day for both races (set a PB at the 2nd Louisville) but the mental cost was totally different. For me going forward, when I double down again, I'll try to set up something like your schedule where they are relatively close together. Just wanted to share my experiences. Either way, good luck and looking forward to meeting and racing with everyone!
  • Options
    Bumping this thread to see if any lurkers out there need to drop in and say Hi image
  • Options
    Hello all,

This will be my first full distance IM. I am really looking forward to this experience.
  • Options
    Hi All! Sorry for the belated joining of this party! This will be IM #3 for me and I can't wait until Oct!! Looking forward to meeting and racing with you all. Hope everyone's training is going well image
  • Options

Hello IM LOU peeps,  I was just scanning this list and realized I would love to hear how the training is going for some of you that I don't know.  

Many of us our suffering through the Race Rehearsal weekend with two back to back 6 hour rides.  Don't know who thought of this crazy idea.   I'm sitting here typing instead of going out and doing my second one.  My legs are saying, "Are you nuts?"

Here is the forum link to some of our conversations from this week. http://members.endurancenation.us/Forums/tabid/57/aft/19540/Default.aspx

Jump on board and join and contribute to the inspiration.  We're almost there.