Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Wisconsin
Options

2015 IM Wisconsin Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

I am Eric, from Milwaukee area (Mequon).  I am racing 2015 WI as my fourth IM.  (11 WI, 12 Louisville, and 13 Tahoe).  I am excited to race back in my hometown area and train with a great bunch of friends.  

Love Madison and all it has to offer (race and life!).

• Options
    My heart definitely started beating a little bit faster when I saw the email that this thread was started! I feel like the year is going to FLY by and sept 13 will be here before we know it!

Anyways, I'm Lindsay, currently living in Chicago. IMWI 2015 will be my very first Ironman - I am so excited! Right now my goals are to be smart in execution and just finish...I think I will certainly set some time goals for myself to shoot for but I'm going to get into the training a bit before I know what they will be.

I'm really looking forward to training with and learning from you all!
  • Options
    Hi gang -
    IMMOO is my A+++ this year. Raced it in 2011 on 9/11 which was my first (and still only) full IM distance Tri.
    Madison was amazing between the city, people, race support, food, beer, logistics, etc.
    Really looking forward to going back with much improved fitness and an improved execution!
  • Options
    I'll be doing IMWI for my second time this year, first was in 2013 and I loved it! I had a bad 2014 season so I'm compensating with 2 IMs this year. I'll be doing CdA in June, and then lather rinse repeat for Madison.

HIGHLY recommend doing the camp, but also putting out a plug that I plan on doing a camp weekend on the course Memorial Day Weekend if anyone wants to join. Plan will be to ride the course in full on Friday, part of it or all of it again on Saturday, and then do the Madison Half Marathon on Sunday as a long run. It'll be a good wakeup for the legs!
  • Options

David,

I also raced 2011, and it was an amazing day.  Have you raced iron distance since?

Looking forward to the party at Moo this year.

Eric

• Options
    Nope. Honestly did a bunch of nothing in 2012 & 2013 but kicked it back I to gear this year with some decent bike miles and now November OS. Looking forward to the rerun though!

Posted By <a href='http://members.endurancenation.us/ActivityFeed/tabid/61/userid/4587/Default.aspx' class='af-profile-link'>Eric Ensminger</a> on 30 Dec 2014 09:00 AM
    <p>David,</p>
    <p>I also raced 2011, and it was an amazing day.  Have you raced iron distance since?</p>
    <p>Looking forward to the party at Moo this year.</p>
    <p>Eric</p>
  • Options
    Hello Everyone!

Wisconsin is My A+++ race for the year as well. This will be my 2nd Ironman, first being IMCDA last year. My wife is pregnant and will be having a baby in June, so this is sure to be an adventure. I will be the guy in EN gear with a 3 year old, a 3 month old, a wife, and my parents invading Madison.

I promised my wife that I will focus on running events in 2016 so this is my last big chance to have a monster Ironman for a while. The goal is to leave it all out there. Looking forward to meeting you all!

• Options
    Oh this is great, I'll finally meet Peter in person...I feel like I've "trained" with you for a long time!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! This will be my third go round with IMWI and my 4th IM overall. This is my super A race for the year as I look to continue to improve year over year. I am excited for what looks like a good crew on a good course.
  • Options
    Hi All, WI will be IM number 5 for me, all at WI.  Great course and and atmosphere .  Looking forward to the journey with EN this year! See you all in Madison!
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! I raced IMWI last year with EN, this year I am volunteering at IMWI and also volunteering to be Race Captain for all of you. This year is a building year for me, racing a few Oly's and Steelhead 70.3 while working on core strength, balance, and technique in preparation for another run at IMWI in 2016. I thought this year would be a great year to give back a little bit to the community and the team.

Looking forward to an exciting year and we're coming up on the end of the JoS, Whew!
  • Options
    Awesome Mike, looking forward to meeting you live!
  • Options

Putting together the official IMWI page for everyone and noticed I hadn't signed into this thread yet .

I'm racing IMWI this year, my 4th time racing Madison. I've been at the race every year of the event and '15 will be my 11th (?) training camp on the course. 

Looking forward to racing what I consider to be my "home" race...if only because I have so much history at this event and know the course very, very well. Joanne will be joining me and we're staying at the Doubletree. 

• Options

Hello EN!

I'm Brad Misialek. 25. An Okie. Fairly new triathlete. I started training in July of 2014 for IM Austin 70.3 and became addicted to the Tri Lifestyle. I've done a couple 70.3s, but IM Wisconsin will be my first full! I've been training with another EN Member (Brett Tatum) and I cannot wait to see that finish line hours after the gun fires on September 13th! 

Best of luck to everyone. GO EN! 

Brad

• Options
    Hi All,

This is the third year of my triathlon journey, and IMWI will be my second 140.3. Some of the EN folks here in Ottawa that raced IMWI last year had such great things to say about their experience in Madison that I couldn't resist signing up! image

I would have loved to make it to camp to train on the course, but just not enough time to recover from IMLP last weekend - so I'll be jumping into the last few weeks of training fun with you guys at the end of next week after the reverse taper.

Looking forward to meeting you all and happy training!
  • Options
    Don't think I officially signed in here yet...

I will be doing my 8th IM at Wisconsin this yr. 2015 was supposed to be my year "off" from IM since I ended 2014 with 3 IM's in ~3 months. After I became a fat slob over the winter, my wife (Jess) told me to sign up for a race, but to keep the training to a minimum. We had just moved to Minnesota so I had just bought a Fat Bike. I thought to myself "Self, I wonder if I could do an IM on this Fat Bike?" After I mentioned it to a few people and they said I was crazy, I knew I was on to something. So far I have kept my promise as I have done 100% of my training around my commute and on 1 weekend day, always being home before 9AM. I hope to get a few longer ones in over the next few weeks, but hope to just have fun with this one.

With that said, you are all on notice. My old goal was to "just" finish this race. My new goal is to finish in the Top 50% OA. We'll see if I can even walk after 112 miles on that bike though...
  • Options
    @ Withrow...riding the IMWI course over the last 2 days and I've seen 2 dudes on Fat Bikes. One was a former EN guy who Rich knew. He's not doing the race but you may not be the only guy on a Fat Bike. I'm thinking a Fat Bike Division with a Kona slot to the winner (Kona to be raced on a fat bike of course!!).
  • Options
    I will be doing my 4th ironman, this year has already been a big year. Ran the Boston Marathon for Team Hoyt. It was a cool experience. I did the 32nd and 50th day with the iron cowboy. I have also signed up for IMFL. This is all building up for Ultraman Florida 2016. Looking forward to seeing many friends racing. I have heard great things about this race from other friends racing.
  • Options

Posted By Matt Aaronson on 31 Jul 2015 03:39 PM

@ Withrow...riding the IMWI course over the last 2 days and I've seen 2 dudes on Fat Bikes. One was a former EN guy who Rich knew. He's not doing the race but you may not be the only guy on a Fat Bike. I'm thinking a Fat Bike Division with a Kona slot to the winner (Kona to be raced on a fat bike of course!!).

Just saw this and I totally agree!  I'd do Kona on my Fat Bike in a heartbeat.  And Write this down, I will NOT be beat by another dude on a fat bike!

• Options
    can anyone recommend the BEST accommodations for this race? I am thinking of it in 2016
  • Options
    The Hilton @ Monona Terrace is the closest you'll get without actually sleeping in transition.