Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽโ€บ 140.6 Forumsโ€บ Challenge Penticton [Retired]
Options

2015 Challenge Penticton Official Welcome and Introductory Thread

Welcome to the Sign In Thread!

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc!

Comments

• Options

Hi everyone, I'm really excited to be doing Challenge Penticton this year. I always wanted to do IM Canada on this course but never got around to it. This will be my 5th IM. I've done IM CDA once and the full Vineman 4 times. My wife Susan will also be doing this race. We went over to Penticton last fall and rode the bike course and the run course. In case you haven't seen it, they have changed the run course this year. The first 7 miles or so will go out along the canal between the two lakes and then head out on the old course. This cuts out the steep rollers in the middle of the old course. It should make for a faster run with more fans along the way.

I'm not sure what my goals are for this race yet. That really depends on how the next couple of months play out. I'm in the running for a new job so if that comes through it will change my training opportunities somewhat. We also have a family reunion on the east coast that will occur aboutย  4 weeks prior to the event. I'll have access to a lake for swimming and I'll be able to run, but I won't be taking a bike. I'll have to work with the coaches to plan that out. Of course. a little more rest at that time might be a good thing.ย