Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Official Humble Brag: AWA

Greetings awesome EN'rs 

Last week IRONMAN® announced their All World Athletes Status: 

The program uses IRONMAN’s tracking system to determine which athletes have finished within the top 10 percent or better of their age group each calendar year. Within this system, athletes generate points based on their finish time behind the first official finisher in their age group. Athletes accumulate points at every race they complete, but on December 31st, only their top three performances will count toward their All World Athlete status. This makes it easy for athletes to improve their ranking simply by racing more with IRONMAN. 

An athlete can achieve All World Athlete status in one or all of the following categories: IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3 and OVERALL (IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 combined). There are three levels associated with the All World Athlete program: 

• GOLD (top one percent) 
  • SILVER (top five percent) 
  • BRONZE (top ten percent) 

(PER IM Website) 

We at EN would love to celebrate with you, so you're given the green light to post a humble brag here! 

Congrats to all our athletes, your hard work, dedication and determination is a great motivator. Thank you for all the EN mojo! 

Comments

• Options
    I received Bronze in overall with only two races, a full and a 70.3! Looking forward to using the VIP line to register at St. George!
  • Options
    Ironman Gold for me.  Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this 5 years ago when I started triathlons.
  • Options

Bronze for me.  Like Bruce, never in a million years....

BUT, I think these things are more closely related to how many races (how much $$ you gave WTC) than performance.  I was not top 10% in either of my two races (HIM and IM).  

• Options
    Silver for me...not bad with two races in a season. If only I like racing more than I liked training! Congrats to everyone!
  • Options
    Silver!
    And yes, Jeff you are right.vmore races equals more points. Still, two IMs in the same year for me and I'll take an award for that.
  • Options
    Gold IM, Gold OA
  • Options
    Silver / 2 races / ranger #1 AG-Brazil image
  • Options
    WTC Rank - AWA GOLD - M50-54AG 5/4057 in USA , 11/10913 OA.... Was 2nd last year only to Ken Glah , had first for about a month this year and Ken Glah won again... Maybe next year I think he ages up !

For the Reality Check USAT Rank - 40/2813

WTC and USAT both use your top 3 races but How many people really race 3 HIM's let alone 3 IM's ?

I did find it interesting that USAT showed 2813 in my AG vs. WTC who has 4057 ? Never thought there were that many people who actually purchased the one day membership to USAT for raceday?
  • Options

Got lucky at an IM (12th) and a 70.3 (10th) last year = Silver.

Just like Tim, I found myself jockeying for the top AWA spots, but slipped a few positions to 814th in the world/281st in the US.  My appeal is pending.  For USAT, I was able to snag the coveted 307th position, just ahead of Joseph Blow.

• Options
    WTC Rank - Overall AWA Silver from three races (2 HIM & 1 IM).

M40-44
    > WTC ranking was 265/7,804 (USA) & 800/24,783 (OA)
    > USAT ranking was 1,271/4,341

I think I get more personal satisfaction out of my 20th place finish (in my AG) at Austin 70.3 than I do from the AWA silver thing.
  • Options
    WTC AWA Silver OA 271/18,251 & Silver IM 105/9,754
  • Options

Since this thread is all about bragging, I went and checked my numbers:

Ironman: 3/400 (#1 in USA); Overall: 5/710 (#2 USA). To keep up with Tim, I checked my USAT rank: 24/1529 (excludes "unranked"), # 1 in state, # 2 in region.

How do I feel about all this? I'm kinda proud about the IM ranking, cause that's my thing (now). Doing 3 in a year as well as anyone else in the world gives me a small personal reward for the effort and focus it takes. OTOH, its kinda like Plato's shadows or stock derivatives: several steps removed from the real thing. Which, on reflection, is the effort and focus both during training and on race days.

• Options
    Just checked my USAT ranking: 478/2775. Cracked the top 20%! Funny, my highest ranking was for an Ironman. Maybe I should do more of them!
  • Options
    Bronze for me (Oceanside 70.3 and IM Chatt), but I am on a whole other scale. I used to be this guy, remember.... image