Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Boulder
Options

Race Captain and what you can expect!!!

Hi Team, I am excited to announce that I have volunteered to be race captain for Ironman Boulder. I raced Boulder last year and I have done the 70.3 course going on 4 years.  I’m very familiar with area and the terrain so any questions you have, just ask.  I will be working closely with Brenda, our Race Director to make sure your race experience with team EN is enjoyable and one to remember.  I suggest everyone subscribe to this thread.  In that way you will be notified as new folders and messages are posted.

I will check in with you periodically and certainly more frequently as we all transition into the Ironman Plan.  I’m thinking about taking a long weekend in Boulder to ride the course and do some running along the boulder creek path.  Think of it as a mini training camp.  I don’t have specific dates planned but I’m thinking end of June, early July.  More to come on this topic, but if you think you might be interested, please let me know.

I hope your training is going well.  Again, any questions just ask and I look forward to going on this journey with all of you!

Comments

• Options
    Mark, Thanks for volunteering! Looking forward to the race!

Thanks!
    Erik
  • Options

Just posting here to let you know i created a IM Boulder general info thread in the Boulder folder.  Check it out and subscribe so you will receive updates.

• Options

Thanks Mark!  Looking forward to your pearls of wisdom!  

I am planning on doing the crucible camp with Coach Rich, but would be interested in a mini-camp in Boulder as well.

• Options
    Thanks Mark for being the Race Captain! I would also be interested in doing a mini camp. Have been looking at dates already that would work out with training.
  • Options

@Paula - good deal on the crucible camp with Rich and team.  I'm working on scheduling and should be able to make a call one way or the other in the next couple weeks.  Timing would be great from both a volume and an altitude perspective.  Hopefully I can make it work.

@Damon - Cool!  Timing-wise anything from mid June to mid July should work.  I'll throw out a few dates within the next couple weeks and lets see what works for people.  I'm thinking 2 back to back days of riding the course with a 6-8mile brick after one or both days - something like that.

• Options
    I finalized my dates to travel to Boulder to ride the course. I am really limited on dates so I had to take what was available at work. Will be arriving Thursday June 25 late and then riding the course Friday the 26th and Saturday. Will be doing a long run Sunday morning and then head back to Nebraska after the run. I am racing a 70.3 in Kansas next weekend so time wise that weekend should set up well for me.