Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Local Bike Shop and Fitter

I have started my quest for a new bike for the 2010 season. I am currently riding a Trek Pilot 2.1, which has served its purpose of getting me started in the multisport world. It is time to move to the next level. I have been pooring through the 3.0 forums and see that many of you use Cervelos or Felts. I will definitely be taking a hard look at these. However, for some reason the Look 576 really calls to me. I am curious to know if anyone in the haus has had experience with Look bikes?

I am also looking for a local bike shop, in the central New Jersey area, where I can try out a few of these bikes. So far I have not found a ton of places that deal with tri bikes. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Has anyone dealt with Cycles 54 before? They seem to carry the brands I am interested in, plus have a fitting service. I will be checking them out in the near future.

Pete

p.s. I am playing with the idea of starting my own multisport shop in the NJ area. So you may soon becoming to my shop.

Comments

• Options

Pete,

If you're not completely attached to Look, I suggest you reach out to Todd at TTBikeFit.com.

He does a great job on fitting via video analysis and he's also selling Kestrel bikes now.  There's also an EN deal, but I'm not sure if that ends on 11/30, but worth checking out.  BTW, he's located in RI if you're up this way.

Dave

• Options
    Pete,

If Philadelphia works for you, check out Elite Bicyles. David Greenfield is a great fitter and Elite's customer service is first rate.

Brad
  • Options

Vern LaMere of www.T3multisport.com is a great fitter and he carries Look bikes. I flew out to Indiana for him to fit me in early 2008 for my first tri-bike order but didn't get to follow up with him after I received my custom Guru. Roark custom bikes also suggested him. Good guy.

I used Todd at TTbikefit to tweak bike fit via the internet and he did an outstanding job for me.

Vince

• Options
    Talk to Todd at TTBikeFit as he'll give you feedback on your dimensions about what brands would be better for you. He has already advised many ENers in this regard...